Identifying a rimfire bolt

R

Richard429

Hello, new member here. I've been told you guys are the ones to ask for a bolt identification. I received this bolt in a box of brass, the person I bought the brass from knows nothing about it. Hope you can help. What's the rifle? One gunsmith said a BRNO Mauser

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
Terry,
I thought it might be after looking at some premium rimfires on the net. Maybe I'll find a dealer that stocks CZ and see. Thank you.

CZ 452 Bolt to me

Richard429,
That look's like a CZ 452 bolt that's been jeweled out, it look's like my bro-n-laws out of his rifle we just worked on last week end. Rambo

Thanks for all the replies. Going to a dealer tomorrow that stocks CZ's.

I'll bet the person who has the rifle - - -

it came out of would be happy to buy it from you. Have you considered trying to track them down? Bolts aren't like sights or butt plates. They are often quite specific to the rifle they come out of.

Deacon, that was the first thing I did. I messaged the guy I bought the Match brass from. He said he has no idea how they got in there ( the box of brass). Maybe he never looked completely in the box, just sent it to me.
I have 2 of these, identical, jeweled. Went to 3 gunshops today. One had a CZ 452 in 22 mag. bolt looked exactly the same except it was NOT jeweled.
Any idea what they're worth?

There is a guy on another site that jewels bolts and he posted recently that he lost one in transit to a customer.

Looks like his sort of work

Hi guys I'm Doug I do bolt jeweling on CZ 452 bolts and if the firing pin bottom is polished, it is one of mine! I lost three in transit to Nazareth PA, about a month and a half ago, and it does look like one of mine! Where was it found? If from the Philly area it probably is one of the lost bolts! Thanks! Doug

I just reade above, you have two of the three bolts? it was three I lost in the mail, and as I said you can look at the part of the firing pin you can see and it has been polished! I do that to all the 452 bolts I do! Thanks Doug
My email is marshda56@yahoo.com It would be nice to get them back!:) Thanks! Doug

As for the value, CZ usa retails them for $190.00 each, and that is not counting the $60.00
I charge for jeweling and firing pin work!

Hi guys I just got an email from the guy I think owns these bolts the bolt numbers if they are his are; 009, 644, 075, These were the bolt numbers he lost so if they match then
we know who they belong to. The bad news is he lives in the USA, therefore exporting may be a problem! Solet me know if they match up ok? Thanks! Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't call them gun parts! When shipping identify them as repair parts for a food blender. works every time.

Back