ideas for a lathe stand

20141129_165237.jpg

here is what we came up with out of scrap iron we had. if this doesn't do the trick after I bolt it to the floor I will pour a concrete base after the addition is built. we will see. I still have a lot of work to do to this base, but after day 1 this is what we have. Lee

C:\Users\Lee\Downloads\20141129

not sure why the pic isn't shown but copy and paste and you will see it.
the new heavy 10 has a 1 5/8 dia hole through the head stock and the swing is 10 3/4" Lee

Last edited:
Here is what we came up with. Steel tubing. I will say I am not 100% satisfied at this point, but for the time being this will get me started. I don't have anything but time invested so I wont complain just yet. We are in the process of building a new bigger machine shop. One the shop is finished I will most likely pour some concrete pillars for this little lathe.
I will say that this lathe is super cool. Very smooth, and quiet. this machine is 3 phase with a built in VFD. Works extremely well. The German made gears are a delight to listen to. I am impressed with the machine. Time will tell all, as I haven't done much on this lathe yet. Matter a fact. I just got the chuck machined and mounted today. I cut a little stainless this afternoon and the cuts were smooth. Ill play more tomorrow. Lee

Back