IBS 1000 YD HG muzzle brakes

S

Stugotz

IBS Long Range HG muzzle brakes

Agenda item passed, brakes allowed in HG class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if this mess keeps going we might as well do away with the light and heavy gun classes and shoot whatever you bring to the match. Lets go a little further and give 4 shots on and 9 shots on paper a score so that those shooters will be happy also.Lets also continue to shoot 18 shooter relays so that a couple of shooters in certain clubs can collect all the points.

Hope everyone enjoys whats left of our 1000 yd competition.

Thomas Ellington aka Four On

Thomas, you know the reason. It is an atempt to get more shooters, by letting people shoot a LG in the HG class. Not everyone shoots a Dasher . . . (and when was the last time you wound up with 4 on? As I remember, you're always *qualified* :) )

I'm not in favor of it. I always heaved a sigh of relief when the HG relays came. With HG, if you were 10 yards from the firing line, you could take your hearing protection off. No longer. But the "let's get more shooters" crowd seems on a mission, so here we are.

Good News

I am glad to hear it....I am disabled and cant carry a HG (30-50lbs) sooo ...I can shoot my LG with a break in both classes ....it is good news for me.......and I aplaud the powers that be for this decision...Roger
PS...I hope this is for the 600yd events as well as 1000yd (all Long Range)??

Last edited:
You mean that I now have to take all of my HG barrels and have them threaded for a break.:rolleyes:

Lets see....an 80 lb gun...with a break.........I'M IN!!!!!:D

Is this "all HG's" or just guns that qualify for LG class?
I have no problem with making a breaked LG legal in HG....I see no need for a break on a true HG.

As far as the noise.....I know I am still a wet behind the ears newby, but I have yet been to a mach where a person skips the LG match and shoots only in HG because of the "noise".

Just sayin.
Tod

You mean that I now have to take all of my HG barrels and have them threaded for a break.:rolleyes:

I have no problem with making a breaked LG legal in HG....I see no need for a break on a true HG.

As far as the noise.....I know I am still a wet behind the ears newby, but I have yet been to a mach where a person skips the LG match and shoots only in HG because of the "noise".

Just sayin.
Tod

All HG's.

Just sayin.
Tod

I'm not sure why you would want a brake on an 80 pound rifle, unless you just wanted to spend some extra $'s and make more noise

I always liked the H.Gun class, you get to shoot more shots and you don't have the blast off of everyone else's muzzle brake, so much for that part of it.

Last edited:

Just sayin.
Tod
And now you'll be spared seeing that, because HG will be just as noisy -- so those of us bothered by the noise will consider just staying home, period.

noisey guns??

Hey I like noisy things like guns-cars-women!!!! usually wear ear plugs ....somtimes a clothespin on my nose..hahahaha......Roger

And now you'll be spared seeing that, because HG will be just as noisy -- so those of us bothered by the noise will consider just staying home, period.

we could only hope............

mike in co

I'm not sure why you would want a brake on an 80 pound rifle, unless you just wanted to spend some extra $'s and make more noise

I always liked the H.Gun class, you get to shoot more shots and you don't have the blast off of everyone else's muzzle brake, so much for that part of it.

No Jay....just being a little sarcastic!! You know me...always a smart-ass...never just plain smart!!:D

Tod

Also......I guess the only time I have ever even thought about the noise is in the first 3-4 min of the sighter period. After that I don't hear a thing.......except the range officer's count down....and the sound of the wind gentely rustling the flag at the 1000 yard line. If you hear more than that you should work on your concentration. And on this point I am NOT being sarcastic!!!!!

I am with Tod, after the first few seconds it is just something in the back ground. I am too focused on figuring out why I am not hitting the clay's.
Terry Pohl

Also......I guess the only time I have ever even thought about the noise is in the first 3-4 min of the sighter period. After that I don't hear a thing.......except the range officer's count down....and the sound of the wind gentely rustling the flag at the 1000 yard line. If you hear more than that you should work on your concentration. And on this point I am NOT being sarcastic!!!!!

Thank you for instructing me on how to shoot better.

If you people who want to crow will stop, maybe those of us who want to complain will stop. It is a done deal. Both IBS and NBRSA have certain goals, as do people within the organizations. That's just life.

But it is also a certainty that if you rub the noses of people in something they find smelly, they're more apt to fight you. Is that where you want to go?

Thank you for instructing me on how to shoot better.

If you people who want to crow will stop, maybe those of us who want to complain will stop. It is a done deal. Both IBS and NBRSA have certain goals, as do people within the organizations. That's just life.

But it is also a certainty that if you rub the noses of people in something they find smelly, they're more apt to fight you. Is that where you want to go?
To ALL I hope know one took my post the wrong way. Just like Charles, I see this thread going the wrong way and wanted to put a little humor in it. The rules could have stayed the same for all I care; I just remove my brakes when shooting.
Terry

I don't use muzzlebrakes on my rifles but I also don't understand the objections to them either.

Why are people complaing so much about them just the added noise? or is there some other reasons as well?

I ask because if you ever attend a 50 caliber match you will find there are far more women shooting at those matches than at nbrsa benchrest matches.They don't seem to mind the recoil or the noise.Typicaly those ladies are using 250 grains of powder and a 800 grain bullet.
Lynn

I don't use muzzlebrakes on my rifles but I also don't understand the objections to them either.

Well, I can pour gas too, Lynn. For a good understanding of the muzzle brake issue, suggest to the point-blank crowd that muzzle brakes be allowed in *their* sport. Sure would make that .30-BR LV easier to handle, wouldn't it?

Back