I plan on shooting some "F" class locally this summer

22Mag

I have worked on putting together a new rifle to shoot F-class, this will be my first try at shooting F-class (should be fun).
The rifle is a Savage Target action that has been Timed and Trued.
It has a McGowen 30" heavy target bbl in 8.5 twist that I had chambered with my reamer in 6.5x284 Winchester.
I have a new stock made by Sharp Shooter Supply, it is one of Fred's new Laminate Varmint Tactical Stocks in blue/blue/green.
I placed one of my Burris 8x32 target scopes on top.
I hope it will shoot as good as it looks.

22 Mag

Savage01.jpg

Savage02.jpg

Savage04.jpg

Very nice. I shoot a Savage also. Have you chosen a front rest and rear bag yet?

Al Barnhart

Looks like you have started with all the right sort of hardware and caliber. It should go well if you steer it well AND tune it well. One word of advice though is that F class can be addictive.

F-Class

AlB

I have a Caldwell "The Rock" for my front rest and will be trying a Protektor Double Stitched Bunny Ear Rear Bag with Doughnut Bottom for my rear rest.

22 Mag

F class can be addictive

Rooshooter

It "can't" any more addictive than Varmint hunting???

22 Mag

Groups for new rifle

I had a chance to go out and break in the new rifle and to shoot some groups with it.
I am shooting Berger 140 vld's and as Eric has said, after you have found your powder load, to look for the "sweet spot" using big jumps in your bullet setting. Well I started at just into the lands about 0.005 for the first 3 shoot group and 0.030 out of the lands for the second and third 3 shoot groups. Here are my targets. This shoud give me about 0.030 lee-way to chase the lands as I shoot.

Target1IntoLands.jpg

Target2OutofLands.jpg

Target3OutofLands.jpg

Back