I mounted a Valdada 36x on my 30 BR,....picture

jackie schmidt

I got a 36x Valdada from Bart, decided, since I had some weight to spare, to use steel Night Force Rings on a Picatinny Rail. I even drilled and tapped two extra 8 32 bolt holes in the action for added strength. Farley's use four 6 32 screws.

The scope is super clear, and shot great last Sunday.

I am trying to figure out a way to get my 50x March back to Deon Optics in Japan. After reading the convoluted procedure on their web site, I think my best bet is to buy a plane ticket, hand deliver it, then fly back to pick it up.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17294&stc=1&d=1453467944

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,191
Last edited:
Good luck on getting that march repaired. Thats why we found an alternative. Glad you like the scope so far. Im pretty sure its the only one thatll track 100% on an adjustment calibration target and the only one thatll do it after you drive railroad stakes with it.

I got a 36x Valdada from Bart, decided, since I had some weight to spare, to use steel Night Force Rings on a Picatinny Rail. I even drilled and tapped two extra 8 32 bolt holes in the action for added strength. Farley's use four 6 32 screws.

The scope is super clear, and shot great last Sunday.

I am trying to figure out a way to get my 50x March back to Deon Optics in Japan. After reading the convoluted procedure on their web site, I think my best bet is to buy a plane ticket, hand deliver it, then fly back to pick it up.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17290&stc=1&d=1453425280

Here ya go Jackie. I shipped my March Scopes back to Japan Three times. Nothing to it.

Deon Optical design Corporation

4802-2 Miyagawa, Chino-shi,
Nagano-ken, 391-0013 Japan

Pack it up tight,like you would any fragile item. I used the original box and stuffed it with bubble wrap.

include a note to the manufacturer as to what you think the problem is or a description of what you want done. Put it in the box with the scope.

Attache shipping and return addresses to the box.

I took my boxed up Scope to the nearest Post Office. Walked up to the counter and told the person behind the counter that I wanted to ship a package to Japan. He/She gave me a shipping form and told me to fill it out. If necessary,they will assist you with completing the form.

I insured the package for $2,000.00. The total cost(Shipping/Ins) was around $80.00 from my Zip Code. They will provide you with tracking info.

I came back home and E-mailed DEON OPTICAL DESIGN. info@deon.co.jp. Let them know that my scope was in the mail to Japan. I let them know
my reason for shipping it back. A Short,clear explanation will suffice.

I received a prompt return E=mail from DEON OPTICAL acknowledging the receipt of my E-Mail.

About a week later I got an E-mail From DEON OPTICAL stating that they had received my scope.

In about three and a half weeks total,I got my scope back with a detailed explanation of the repairs. Including pictures of my disassembled Scope.

Hope this helps

Glenn

I have shot the Valdada 36x for the last six years and it has been and is a great scope. The adjustments are spot on and the MOA reticle is a definite aid in shooting 600 yards. I think that the newer scopes are a little lighter than mine, but I can make LV with my BAT/ Leonard rifle with a 21" LV barrel. Good shooting.. James Mock

Attachments

• Hawk Hill (8).jpg
    Hawk Hill (8).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 469
I have shot the Valdada 36x for the last six years and it has been and is a great scope. The adjustments are spot on and the MOA reticle is a definite aid in shooting 600 yards. I think that the newer scopes are a little lighter than mine, but I can make LV with my BAT/ Leonard rifle with a 21" LV barrel. Good shooting.. James Mock

Actually James the new ones are a little heavier than the older ones. I have a 2012 model and that weights 25.2oz and my new 2015 model weights 25.5. Your right it is a great scope.

The newest ones bart sells have a smaller bell on the back and are 2.5oz lighter than the previous ones. The older ones had the writing on the ocular bell and the new ones have it on the turret part like in jackies picture

The newest ones bart sells have a smaller bell on the back and are 2.5oz lighter than the previous ones. The older ones had the writing on the ocular bell and the new ones have it on the turret part like in jackies picture
I didn't get mine from Bart. I got mine directly from Val who is the Valdada importer in Texas.

Could anyone post the pict of the IOR BR reticle taken trough the scope. BR-8 reticle is interesting but i would really like to see a pic of it trough the optics

Actually James the new ones are a little heavier than the older ones. I have a 2012 model and that weights 25.2oz and my new 2015 model weights 25.5. Your right it is a great scope.

The 36s Valdadas are now 22 oz. However due to overwhelming demand there are none currently in country!

Bart

The 36s Valdadas are now 22 oz. However due to overwhelming demand there are none currently in country!

Bart

Glad to hear they shed some weight . Any specs on the reticle or better yet a pic of one trough scope.

Back