How to repair Wind Flag Tails?

E

ehkempf

How does one repair worn out wind flag tails? I have a set of Wick’s Flags that I bought used and they are in need of some repair. I figured you could use 1” wide surveyors tape and attach it to the existing tail to get back to the correct length. The question is with what would use to make the connection. What type of adhesive or glue, or two sided tape would be usable to make this bond, not be overly heavy as to affect performance and strong enough to sand up to normal use? I figured that you could overlap the two pieces by at least a inch. Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,
Just replace the whole tail rather than screwing around splicing.
I like the 1” wide orange surveyors tape better than anything else I have tried.
While you are at it replace all the tails that way they will react the same.

Get ahold of Steve Brookhouse, he make of a bunch of replacement sets last year & might have some left, as I recall they were as good as OEM ones maybe better.

Get ahold of Steve Brookhouse, he make of a bunch of replacement sets last year & might have some left, as I recall they were as good as OEM ones maybe better.

Thanks Tim and Doug for the reply. I will talk to Steve on Wed., assuming that he shows up for the shoot on that day.

Ed

Ed just to make sure there is not a difference of terminology here. There is the vain (sp) then the tail that sails off of the back of it.
If it is the tail,,, ie surveyors tape just replace it.
If it is the vain the large flat plastic piece use some clear box tape. Light weight and strong just make sure everything is very clean an you dont leave any finger prints or grease to allow the edges to come up.

Back