i first heard of him when i asked has anyone ever shot a 250 25x
ir 5050 score, my old friend jack said yep but it's been in unsanctioned
matchs, but he did it in front of witnesses more than a couple of times,
his name is chet amick and he's a heck of a gunsmith too, you don't hear
much of him because he don't talk himself up any. but everyone knows he
can shoot. then later i read about him in p.s. i thought maybe it was just
a story till then. i wonder who got his reamers, they apparently were pretty
special too.

He did'nt have reamers, he had a reamer....one, that he did all his .22's with in the final years, don't know who got it.
What brother Beau, fails to grasp is that shot where he wanted, what he wanted, for his own benefit, he made superior guns for several superior shooters because he wanted to, not because of dollars or self promotion, he was an example of integrity and the highest standards.
Beau, do some homework. Really, you don't know what you don't know.
You have a wonderful evening now.

I don't fail to grasp anything. He chose to do what he did I assume because he wanted. That's why he is not that well known. That's what I said in the beginning. You keep saying that I don't know what I don't know, which is an obvious statement. Yet you make cryptic almost unreadable posts and fail to enlighten me. So, you seem to know either nothing or only what you've been told and you can't provide the proof to back it up so you won't stick your neck out. I would be glad to do my homework. But if you know so much you can at least point me in the right direction. Yet you sit there and make cryptic statements as if everyone knows or should know yet they don't. That's called a thin air assertion. Put it on the table. Chet Amick is deceased and in my opinion deserves respect although I did not know the man. I hate to talk about a person who is no longer around to affirm or deny, and I'm not sure how this was brought up. But the last thing you or I will ever have is an obituary. Normally, when you have gained respect from your friends, any significant accomplishments are mentioned.

Born May 23, 1943, in Cumberland, he was the son of the late Chester Lee Amick and Beulah Mercedes (Hartley) Amick. Mr. Amick was also preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.

Chet was the former owner/operator of Amick's Transmission Service. He was a member of the National Rifle Association and the Izaak Walton League of Am-erica in Hagerstown. Chet was also a life-member of the following: the National Wild-life Federation, the Fort Hill Rifle and Pistol Club, and the United Commercial Travelers. He was an avid outdoorsman and sportsman.

Chet is survived by his wife of 44 years, Jeanne K. (Boyland) Amick; his daughters, Sharon Ann Amick and Shelly Marie Amick and her friend, Ted Fey, all of Cumberland; his sisters, Shirley Gay Ambrose, of Florida and Ra-mona M. Tiagani, of Dela-ware; as well as numerous nieces and nephews.

Friends will be received at the Adams Family Funeral Home, P.A., 404 Decatur St., Cumberland, (adamsfamilyfuneralhome.com) on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2008, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.

A funeral service will be conducted in the funeral home on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2008, at 11 a.m with the Rev. Fred Parker officiating.

Pallbearers will be Bill Lewis, Ted Fey, Ken Fuller, Mike Conner, Larry House, and Mark Stottlemeyer.

Interment will be in Saint Mary's Cemetery.

That the same guy? If not, I'll remove it. You would think the Olympic team would have been mentioned anyway. But you're right I don't know what I don't know. Neither do you.

freakonomics would be the study of say, you tune 1,000 rifles for a speed of 1052fps and after you build the 1,001 rifle there is no longer enough 1052fps ammo to go around. and then you would start building rifles for a speed of 1060 and 1,001 rifles later there is not enough 1060 speed ammo around. oh and I forgot this you tell everyone you were doing the same for all 2,002 rifles.

That would be idiotic but you seem to have cornered the market on that. Do you actually believe someone is going to consistently build (chamber) a gun around a specific lot of ammo. It's been done and it will work, but it would be stupid for the average competitor or gunsmith to want to do that on a regular basis.

cross the line of civility

Beau I find your post of Chet's obituary distastefull and of absolutly no benefit to anyone on this forum including you. Shame on you!

Why? No disrespect was meant and it was the same one published in the local paper in his area. I assume it was meant to be respectful at that point. So, if it's disrespectful it's from the original author and not me. I'm just pointing out that if this guy had all these wonderful things he had done, it would most likely have been included. I mean after all they included the fact that he was a member of Izaak Walton and the NRA. I wasn't even sure if was the same guy, but I guess it was. I tried to stop this discussion once before, but that's what it took. Like I said, the guy deserves respect. It's well known he is deceased , so his obituary should not be seen as disrespectful. As a matter of fact there are probably thousands of people who would like to think that they have accomplished enough that someone would post their obituary on this or some other respectful thread.

So, if offends you, I'm sorry. But it was not meant to be disrespectful.

Back