How old is my 40 X ?

From Iceland

Deer Sirs.

I am wondering if anyone on this forum could help my find
"date of birht" of my old Remington 40 X rifle.
The rifle a 6 MM Remington (not a .244 Rem)

On the action : Remington 40 - X
and the ser. 32611 B

On the barrel : a capital R in a triangle and then R E M V
I dont think it is a capital V but a mark of some sort.
The barrel is chrome moly.

Thanks in advance!

Magnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik (41.0 Fahrenheit)
ICELAND

If this will help ? I bought mine in 1966 ser# 33748B 6mm Rem. crome moly 28" barrel. $195 I wish I would have bought more at that price but it was two weeks pay at the time.
Bob

Last edited:
Call Remington at 1-800-243-9700 They will tell you when it was made.

Brandon

Pete Landers is correct. Give me those letters and I can tell you. The Remington society has the info on their website also.

Deer Mr. Lambert!

Thank you fore taking the time to help!!

On the barrel :
A capital R in a triangle and then R E M V
Other side:
6 MM Rem

Nothing more!!?

Thank you again!

Magnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik
ICELAND"

Ps. Are you Butch as in Butch Barrel Solvents??

Deer Mr. Lambert!

Thank you fore taking the time to help!!

On the barrel :
A capital R in a triangle and then R E M V
Other side:
6 MM Rem

Nothing more!!?

Thank you again!

Magnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik
ICELAND"

Ps. Are you Butch as in Butch Barrel Solvents??

That was Butch Fischer and he passed away quite a few years ago. Had a heart condition and died in his sleep.

David

Magnus, Look on the left hand side of the barrel just in front of the recoil lug. There should be an inspector's stamp, 2 or 3 letters, which is the date code, and the assembler's number.

There is a warning for the Remington Society site that it may contain malware and should be accessed only by a knowledgeable user.
Interesting. That wasn't there when I looked at the site when the first link was published by Mr Landers. Likewise, I haven't seen that warning screen before - it isn't the one used by my system protection software & doesn't identify the software issuing the warning.

Is something funny going on here, or am I just getting paranoid?

This is what I found.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for remingtonsociety.com

What is the current listing status for remingtonsociety.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-05-09, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, remingtonsociety.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

So they haven't found a problem with it?

Back