Hoke Kerns has had a stroke

Butch Lambert

His daughter, Karen, said he is fighting it and will be back soon. I've known Hoke for several years, and even though I am not a rimfire competitor, Hoke and I have communicated for several years.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

The Ultimate Florida Gator !

Hoke has lived in the Hotbed of Alabama fans in Wetumpka ,Alabama ! I believe he is now 86 and a Florida Gator living amongst them Pachyderms would give us all strokes ! Get well my friend !

Pat and I have known Hoke since the 1990's.. He is a dear and loved friend... Hoke.. we hope that you have a speedy and complete recovery and we will keep you in our hearts and prayers... From a couple of FSU fans,.... "GO GATORS"......

Dave and Pat Smith

Dorothy and I shot with Hoke on numerous occasions. She used to love taking him Apple Cake. Get well Hoke.

Hoke is one of the good guys. Back in the Tuckertown barn days he and Mickey Law invited this yankee to sit with them at breakfast. Me being the token yankee at those matches I very much appreciated their hospitality. Hoke wrote for precision shooting. At a later match I happened to have a magazine with one of his articles in the truck. I went and retrieved said magazine and asked Hoke for his autograph. I think he was a bit taken aback but smiled and signed. I doubt he'll remember but, it still brings a smile to my face.

Speedy recovery Hoke!

Ken Henderson

Sorry to hear this

I too have known Hoke since the 90's. He and I collaborated on a Tuner Make Test when he was writing for PS. Got to meet him @ the NC Barn, I believe it was, back when I came back to RF shooting. I wish him a speedy recovery as well.

Pete

Back