Hog Roast

G

Geary Koglin

How is the Hog Roast coming along. Couldn't make it this year, so the weather looks pretty nice.

Geary Koglin

It's been a long time since i've been to a hog roast! Last one I was at was 10/82 when I was at Duke University. They called them pig pikkins back then but it doesn't matter what you call them, they were the best times and eatin I ever had.
How I miss those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Hog Roast match I have been to. Weather was great and Roy Lecumby was inducted into the E.R. Hall of Fame. Congrats to the winners Neary, Baker, Drake (was unconscious Sat. morning .1600 agg. or some ridiculous number) and the yardage winners. Conditions were readable but the Left to right wind would eat your lunch.

Definitely a match to remember. As JD pointed out, Roye was inducted into the Eastern Region HOF. My first ever group match was the Hogroast back in 2007. That match is the one that hooked me into this game for good. I don't know Roye very well as I've only been to 5 of these matches, but it is very obvious how well liked and respected he is by the shooters of the that come to Fairchance. I could see it on the faces of all the people in attendence as he was honored on Saturday afternoon. A big Thanks goes out to Roye, Bill, Jerry, and all the folks at Fairchance that make this great match happen.

It was the best Hog Roast for sure and i was at no. 1. The weather was perfect and the surprise on Roye's face when presented with his Eastern Region hall of frame trophy was priceless. Many thanks to the Fairchance Gun Club for another great shoot. It was good to hear they are going to keep the Hog Roast going.
Gary

Back