Hog Roast

Congratulations Dave & you too Joe (2nd in 2-Gun)

Dave shot consistant all weekend. A .24?? agg not too shabby for mix of conditions.

I shot beside new shooter Mo Howard. Very pleasant guy.

I believe he will do well at this because every time he shot a big one he would look at me like he was going to throw up.

Congradulations Hal

I guessed I really pissed you off last month giving you a hard time about your tuner at Thurmont. :DCurtis

Congrats Dave

Way to go Dave, you thumped us pretty good.

Then you were generous enough to help new shooter "Mo Howard" load up all his excess equipment!

Good Job

Andy

To lay down a near record agg withy any thing is a tough task. Many have said that it was just a matter of time before a shooter with a hot 30 grabbed a big win in Registered Competition. By big, I don't mean just winning, but winning with such a phenominol agg.
I am sure many of us on the Forum would like to hear about the particulars of your Rifle and Combination, from the Tuner on the end of the barrel to the Bullets coming out of it.
Congratualtions on a what might prove to be a rather historic moment in Benchrest, as soon as it sinks in to everybody just what you accomplished........jackie

Jackie,

I posted a pic of Hal's tuner on a new thread titled Tuners.

Adrian

Hal,

Let me add my congratulations too! A .15xx agg. is incredible with any rifle, let alone a deer cartridge! :D. You shot VERY well through the whole weekend.

Both Allie Euber and Big Bird Gebhardt have extolled to me the accuracy of their 30BRs...not that I didn't believe them. :). Jackie, Hal told me he was shooting a Bartlein, but don't know much else about the rifle. Except that it shoots small holes, even for a 30...maybe Hal can fill us all in on the rest of it.

Relative to Mo Howard, I think that boy will give that other new shooter, Dewey Oxburger, a run for this year's Rookie of the Year.

Also, kudos to Dave Bruno, Joe Krupa and Smiley Hensley - the 2-gun 1-2-3 combination.

Jeff

Last edited:
Thanks again guys, its an honor to be congratulated by some of the best shooters in the game. One thing I doubt I'll forget in the near future was walking down the line before shooting match #5. I overheard a HOF shooter telling someone that some guy down at the other end was kicking the dog **** out of us with a 30...that felt pretty good. As Joe noted, a sign was placed on the loading trailer, but I had nothing to do with it(although I did chuckle ONCE). Anyway, it turns out that Don Jones was trying to turn a quick buck by taking advantage of the latest fad. It didn't work.

OK, the particulars on my HV rig. As was noted earlier, the tuner was made by myself, weighs in at just a bit over 6ozs, did double duty as I had it on the light gun as well. John Brown took one look at it and laughed that it looked like I had a Mini-Mag light on the end of my barrel...look at the pics, it does look awfully familiar. The barrel is a Bartlien 18 twist, action is a 3 lug BAT and the stock is laminated claro made by Greg West. A moderate load of 4198 and 115gr TenX bullets did the trick.

Hal...

Congratulations!

Are you coming to the Super Shoot? I'd like to see your rifle and the tuner.

I'm noting that all the folks that, two years ago, were stating that there was no way tuners would work seem to be missing from this thread.;)

Good shooting.

Dick Wright

Back