Hey Art.....been watching IKE??

P

Paul Fielder

Good grief man....it's a ways off but they got that booger heading your way!!

You guys in Florida watch out. I understand they have a mandatory vac for the Keys.

Busy season!!

pf
<><

Paul

Here in Houston, we dodged a bullet on the last one, it never took that westward jog.

The National Weather Service is saying that high pressure in the upper States will tend to steer this storm a little further South, which would put it in Texas. This is not good news for us in Houston.

The problem with big storms is, once they get into the Gulf, they are going to hit land somewhere. I am yet to see on turn around and go the other way. Many of us who live with the realities of Hurricanes know that if we get lucky, that means someone else is going to be unlucky.

The problem with myself is I am due to leave for Midland for the Buffalo Shoot Thursday, it would be rather rude of me to head out to Midland with that storm coming, or right about the time it hits. Too many responsibilities........jackie

A couple of years ago, I had to cancel my trip to the Nationals at St. Louis when Rita blew in. That Monday morning when they were shooting the Unlimited 100, I was on "chain saw detail", cutting up downed trees.

Sometimes life sucks.........jackie

Jackie,

Not sure how far you are off from the coast but at least I'm about 50 miles in which helps some.

For the next one, anything over a #2 & I'm sending the wife & kids to San Antonio. Especially after listening to them whine & complain about not having electricity (mostly A/C) for 26 hours. You would have thought the end of the world was coming!!??

I will not leave the house for the two legged caca-roaches to come out of the wood works. I have a bunch of LEO buddies and they said once the power went out in the middle of Dolly, the phone started ringing & made tons of arrests for break in's & thefts. Sad, but a reality of what we have to deal with.

I too spent 6 hours helping a friend cut an ash tree off his house the next day after Dolly & you do what you have to do.

pf
<><

I wish Art would check in.....looks like he has cross hairs on him again!!

Well Jackie,

Looks like you & I are in his sights right now.

Crud....we are saturated & don't need any more rain much less this monster. They are predicting him to be large w/ far reaching arm bands compared to others.

Still a little early, but they are saying the wind field of hurricane force winds could be 120+ miles wide.....we'll know more in the next 24-48 hours.

pf
<><

Sorry I didn't get here sooner. :eek:
My prayers are going out to you guys in Texas. It looks like y'all are going to take a big hit. It looks like a Rita redo.
I'm getting winds of about 50mph right now. Storm surge is going to be bad. Here, just south of me the surge was between 8 & 10 feet at low tide. I'm just south of Lafayette. This is a huge storm. I can't tell you how many tornado warnings we've had today.

I'm hoping for the best for you guys.

Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Back