Here's My New Rimfire Rig

Where?

Where are you going to shoot it? That's the orly way we'll be able to tell you what we think. You've got the equipment, but do you have the commitment?

Where are you going to shoot it? That's the orly way we'll be able to tell you what we think. You've got the equipment, but do you have the commitment?

I'll be shooting it at the local informal matches. I'm not serious enough to travel to any registered matches. It's more of a fun hobby for me.

Can't be of any help.

I won't be able to shoot at your informal matches. I use to, but my gun got banned.

Win every match

If you your gun is better than everyone else's at these informal matches and win every target every time. $hit happens. This was way back in 1993. Been shooting formal benchrest ever since.

If you your gun is better than everyone else's at these informal matches and win every target every time. $hit happens. This was way back in 1993. Been shooting formal benchrest ever since.

There are many people at our club shooting custom guns. They have anywhere from Anshutz to Turbo's there and a little of everything else. There must be 25 shooters at a match. The first time I shot there I got a 248 on a 17 mi/hr wind day. that was a 2nd place.

At the other club that I shoot we use ARA targets and there is only one other guy with a custom rig.

That's how it goes in places where there are no 'official rules', sometimes even in places with 'official rules'. Usually boils down to the officials rules. So there you have it, official rule can mean the rules in a book, or the rule of one clown who thinks he/she should win.

takdriver very nice set-up, if you get 25 shooters at a match that about 4 times some pompus a$$e$ get. keep at it, 90% of the time it's me and my dog right beside me at the range, best company and no smart a$$ no wonder they are lucky to get 5 shooters.

Martin

takdriver very nice set-up, if you get 25 shooters at a match that about 4 times some pompus a$$e$ get. keep at it, 90% of the time it's me and my dog right beside me at the range, best company and no smart a$$ no wonder they are lucky to get 5 shooters.

Martin, I take my 2 dogs to the range too. You are right, they are good company. Also, they don't realize I give them the crappy ammo, so I almost always beat them. They still have a good time.

Pappas

James
We are going to have to make you stay inside so the sun will come out!
Larry

Takdriver

You are doing well 248 in 17 mph wind is good.Pay no attention to Fred J he is all smoke and no fire a 1862 agg is not good enough to be banned from any match.

Back in the day, Fred was the MAN. Look at the results from 8 to 10 years ago.

some, not all can't even ecourage a new shooter. some not all are miserable beyond words. and James I'm not the only one working on tuning that will eliminate jj sliders and midbarrel tuners, right now there are three trains 3000 miles apart and testing is going to have them all at one station. so the days of producing and selling products for untuned rifles will end shortly get over it. or start making products that are for lighter and smaller tuners. snooze and lose.

Back in the day, Fred was the MAN. Look at the results from 8 to 10 years ago.

Like Don indicated Fred ran with the big dogs in his younger days. He got on a plane and flow all the way to Australia and won their Nationals. He keeps the range down in this neck of the woods open through his desire and drive, plus his eye sight isn't what it used to be. Also, a lot of the current top shooters that venture down into this neck of the woods where Fred does most of his shooting knows that the conditions can generally be very tough.

Takdriver that's a very nice rig and just get out there and enjoy it no matter what type of competition you do.

Les

Last edited:
Do you have a windage top rest? Or will you just use this one and move the rear bag around? or do you just shoot groups?

Back