Hello everyone! New guy here looking for suggestions

How big is a paint ball?

By the way, these guys aren't talking about just any ol' 30BR or PPC. I'm going to recommend that you hold off until you understand the different stuff involved in different games. You sound like the real deal competition wise and you don't want to buy the totally wrong stuff for all but paint ball shooting. Alternatively, if all you'll ever do is shoot paint balls, you've got the go ahead from me to buy whatever you think is best. I said that like it's up to me.......but just sayin'.....

Ask some more questions and look around a bit before you buy. You know that when you run them out of paint balls with your new rifle they'll all quit shooting the game and you'll have a paintball rifle and no paintballs to shoot at. You'll need to lose once in a while on purpose to keep them coming.

Last edited:
How big is a paint ball?

By the way, these guys aren't talking about just any ol' 30BR or PPC. I'm going to recommend that you hold off until you understand the different stuff involved in different games. You sound like the real deal competition wise and you don't want to buy the totally wrong stuff for all but paint ball shooting. Alternatively, if all you'll ever do is shoot paint balls, you've got the go ahead from me to buy whatever you think is best. I said that like it's up to me.......but just sayin'.....

Ask some more questions and look around a bit before you buy. You know that when you run them out of paint balls with your new rifle they'll all quit shooting the game and you'll have a paintball rifle and no paintballs to shoot at. You'll need to lose once in a while on purpose to keep them coming.

Yep, I am trying to do my homework so I don't buy the wrong rifle and scope. This is going to be a big investment for me so I don't want to overspend by buying the wrong equipment and then find out I need something different.

More about the game.... You get 3 warm up shots at 5/8" dots on paper. Then you go to the egg and after the egg you go after the paint balls which are about 5/8" diameter. You do have to break the paintball to assure you hit it and not just knock it off with a close shot that shakes the holder.

The guys in this club really like to shoot. After I get in there and shoot a few matches with the guys then maybe I can suggest other long distance competitions. I would LOVE to try some LONGER than 200 yard shots!!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you stretch it out then their guns may get the advantage back so dont get cocky and put yourself out of the game

Where in MS is this club? Maybe theres a shooter close that can help you

My friend is a gun nut from WAY back and he is helping me some and recruiting me for the club. He lives just a couple of miles from me.
The club is in northern Clarke County Mississippi (South of Meridian, MS). The guy that sponsors the shoot has the range on his property.
I am not sure where all the members live but I expect they could come from a 50 to 75 mile radius. This is the only rifle shooting club I have ever heard of around here. Most shooters in this area (and as far away as I can think of) shoot pistols. There is a shooters club here that caters to pistol shooters and they play all the pistol shooting games.
This is why I am so fired up about shooting at this club. I have always enjoyed shooting rifles for accuracy on my own but have never had a club nearby to compete with other guys. (Besides, shooting pistols for time makes me nervous... (LOL))
My experience has been limited to shooting pennies at 100 yards with a 17 HMR..... up until now.

Mike

Jim Carpenter has matches up around greenville and steve lee has matches over in hoover, al (birmingham) danny morgan is the mississippi flash and would help you if you could find his contact info. I know he lives in south ms somewhere but always forget which town he runs.

Jim Carpenter has matches up around greenville and steve lee has matches over in hoover, al (birmingham) danny morgan is the mississippi flash and would help you if you could find his contact info. I know he lives in south ms somewhere but always forget which town he runs.

Thanks for the names Dusty!

Mike

Actually, it's Bo Wass that does the matches in Hoover, AL. Steve Lee isn't involved in the the monthly matches which BTW are held the 3rd Saturday of every month all year.

Rick

Michael,
there will be 2 100 yd score matches contested this Saturday at the Brock's Gap Training Center in Hoover AL. If you want to drive over and see how it works it would answer some of your questions much better than you can get here. You can see what people shoot and what kind of accuracy it takes to win. The 1st match will begin @ 9:00AM, the 2nd somewhere around mid day. If you think you might be interested, send me an email or a text message and I'll get you some directions and any other info you might need.

Rick
tnmountainaire@bellsouth.net
615-405-8622

Thanks for that heads up Rick.
I would love to come but my son and his wife are going to the Bama game Saturday and My wife and I are keeping our grandson.
Please keep me updated. If there is another anytime soon maybe I can make it for that one.

Thanks Again!

Mike

Back