Heigth of 100 yard BR target.

R

russell m

I checked the rule book & didn't see a rule for the heigth for 100 yd target. Is there a heigth that the target has to be? russell m

Russel

Ours at Tomball are about 5.5 ft. There is no provision in the rule book that governs this.

I think the height depends on the individule layout of each range, mainly the Burm. But, as you have seen, just because a target is that high, it does not mean that you have that much clearance for the entire length of the yardage. Tomball and Denton are good examples of this, where, even though the target frames are 5 ft+, the big "hump" in the middle of the range on the right side precludes you from setting flags at more than 20 or so inches high.

There was talk at Tomball of grading down that right side, in order to enhance drainage. That would sure help the situation with the setting of flags........jackie

It's better to have them on the tall side than the short side or you'll end up with problems like this:

buriedflags.jpg

Hey grouper...

do you have to fill-in that hole after the shoot..:D:D
I know some prarie dogs that would be proud of that tunnel..:D

A good shooter always carrys a trenching tool.

Hey Marty!

I wish I could say it was my trenching tool but I have to admit I borrowed it from Bruce Black. I had my emergency shovel with me but it would have taken all night to dig those holes with that. Bruce loaned me a full length shovel thank goodness.

Those holes are still there by the way! The Colorado desert doesn't get enough rain to fill them in very quick I guess.

Back