Has anyone looked through or shot one of the new 45 x 45 Sightrons?

Boyd Allen

I see that they are discounted to a grand at Optics Planet, and that there is a new FCH model. Specifically, how are the optics? I looked it up and it weighs 20.5 oz. and will focus down to 10 yards.

Boyd

I see that they are discounted to a grand at Optics Planet, and that there is a new FCH model. Specifically, how are the optics? I looked it up and it weighs 20.5 oz. and will focus down to 10 yards.

I would be just as interested, if not more so, about the ruggedness of the internals and how it holds POI and tracks. Any insight on that subject? Tks

I would be just as interested, if not more so, about the ruggedness of the internals and how it holds POI and tracks. Any insight on that subject? Tks

Well, that's the thing...... Sightron already IS one of that very small percentage of mfgrs on the planet with a successful track record in BR

Sightron 45x45

I have one and it is very clear the side focus adjustment is a lot finer adjustment .I haven't had a chance to shoot it much it seems like we're having a snow storm or very cold weather lately.
Wes

I have one and it is very clear the side focus adjustment is a lot finer adjustment .I haven't had a chance to shoot it much it seems like we're having a snow storm or very cold weather lately.
Wes

I had one and thought it was a nice scope. The only scope I had to compare it to was a LCS 40x and I felt the glass looked better on the 40x, ever so slightly, but if I were comparing apples to apples I think it would’ve compared favorably to the LCS 45x. I thought the side focus on the leupold was better. The sightron was really finicky and I took more time to get it just right. I’ve noticed the same on my Sightron 10-50x.

Really liked the 1/10 moa dot and clicks, but I opted to keep the leupold and sold the sightron. Unfortunately I didn’t have a scope checker at the time because I would’ve loved to see how well it holds poa. I have since purchased the Valdada 36X and I’m waiting for some decent weather to try it out.

I don’t feel it was a $1000 scope. Seems like shortly after they were released i saw a few listed on AS in the $750-800 range. Bought and sold the one I had for less than that.

Unfortunately

Well, that's the thing...... Sightron already IS one of that very small percentage of mfgrs on the planet with a successful track record in BR

track record is all we have to go on with any scope. I just don't know anyone in my travels that shoots one so I'm always a bit suspect in that situation.

Al I'm still waiting on your report about the Weaver 46.

It's all lapped/bedded/mounted glued/screwed-n-tattoo'd onto a Panda 17lb 6X47L as of two weeks ago..... ready to fa'hr fer 'ffect.

But we've still got SNOW on the ground, today is only the second nice day in a month.

(OK OK, I been slackin')

Ac'trally I'm arm deep in designing a one-off HBR stock, shell is built, I just bought a shoat-sized bag of micro-beads yesterday to compare with fumed silica as far as stiffening the forend......

Just TOO LIDDLE TIME what with having to pay the bills and stuff!

luv'ineveryminnitu'vit

Yes,

My brother acquired one last fall. He put it on a 6PPC that previously had a 45 Leupold on it. He likes the Sightron much better than the leu. It is more clear, has CRISP 1/16" clicks, small dot in the crosshairs, and seems to hold zero better than the previous scope. But again, he's only shot 2 club matches with it. I've looked through it and shot it and it is a competitor IMHO. Maybe not a Valdada or a March quality ..... but a marked improvement over what he had on there, and not nearly as high priced as others.

Status quo, he's going to send the Leupold back to the factory and see if it comes back more like one would expect. WD

Back