Harrison/DoAll 13" lathe

For the people that don't know Nez, he is a perfectionist and does very nice clean work.All of his projects are well thought out.

Vfd

Not sure why you need the logic board and relays as the VFD has all the logic control within itself to run all the controls in a lathe. E-Stop, forward / Stop / reverse, jog, speed (RPM), coolant pump.

Not sure why you need the logic board and relays as the VFD has all the logic control within itself to run all the controls in a lathe. E-Stop, forward / Stop / reverse, jog, speed (RPM), coolant pump.

You don't.

The set up has the flexibility for interlocking, and expandability, like the next upgrade I plan on the lathe - proximity sensor to stop the spindle. I cant take any credit for the final schematic and the proximity sensor, the retired Oncologist from Tucson did the work. I am in the process of rebuilding a belt drive 10x24 Taiwanese lathe, it will have a 115V to 3P 220 VFD, 1HP 3P motor, but with minimalist approach with switches

Attachments

• Schematic lockout for Jog and proximity limit SW.pptx.pdf
    366 KB · Views: 246
The units that have a potentiometer will allow you variable speed with a twist of a knob. You can add braking resistors for instant stoping.

Could you recommend one? I've been watching some from China on Ebay and am curious if they're any good. I need one for 3 PH 3 HP 220V single phase input. How about the Teco L510-203-H1N?
Pete

Last edited:
Pete,
I know how they do for me, but I'm not the one to ask about quality. The first that I bought was a Hitachi PSV2. It is for a smaller motor than 3hp. It came with the potentiometer, but the very inexpensive braking diodes were added. The other VFD is a Motortronics. It came without the pot. and was added later. They are just great and have had no problems with them and I've had them several years. I bought the Hitachi from Drives Warehouse and the other from EBAY.

Back