Harrells full length dies

Gort

Harrells full length dies. I have a question, I have different dies for different PPC barrels (different reamers). The dies have a number stamped on the bottom die face. Do those numbers correspond to anything I can correlate to a chamber dimension?
Thanks, Gort

I believe that they show the number of thousandths that the base opening of the die is smaller than a commonly used JGS reamer...the bigger the number, the smaller the die. For example a #3 should be .001 smaller than a #2. If someone has better information, please correct me.

Boyd is correct. They only have a few they sell and they grab the die according to the base size of your fired case. And if youre not using that std jgs reamer sometimes they work most times not except on the base

My two Harrells dies are marked "15" and "35". Does that mean they are -.0015 and -.0035 ?
Gort

Does they all size the same at the shoulder? If so, how much? If not, how much does a #4 die size the typical .431" shoulder?

On a related matter, having looked over a number of 6ppc reamer prints, it seems to me that they are pretty uniform as to shoulder diameter.

Remember seeing one print at .4318" once! That´s the only one I have seen that are not .4310".. Would make more sense making a .430" shoulder, but I have all the reamers I need.

Does they all size the same at the shoulder? If so, how much? If not, how much does a #4 die size the typical .431" shoulder?

Could not say. Harrels simply says send them three fired cases which have been fired several times and they will send you an appropriate die. And you are not likely to get an answer from them here on the internet, they are not computer people. I called them one day as a check I had sent had not cleared my bank yet and I worried it was lost in mail. The gentleman in the shop could not tell me he said they work from written notes and billing lady was up in the house but don't worry , the check would eventually show up, and it did.

Back