H & R M12 Help

B

Beng

I have a H&R model 12 I got a few years ago (about 3) I made it into a benchrest gun, not because I wanted to get into serious competition shooting, but to just have fun and shoot good (It's just to damn heavy) It shoot very very good at first, then it went from 10s to the 8 & 10 ring. this was with good ammunition (40x) Some say I was cleaning it to much, (brushing) so then I only used RFB. It now will shoot etc. "10, 10, 10, 7, 9" The way it shoots now, It's hard to tell if I used 40x or Wolf amm. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

Assuming your using wind flags and can read them, I'd start with stock screws and bedding.

Trigger!

Mr. Kenyon can get that trigger down to 3 ounces - that can't hurt. The M12trigger is a real sweetie anyhow, and I have a K.K. modification to mine that makes it even sweeter!

Dave

KK - Karl Kenyon. One of the most renoun triggermen ever. His triggers were offered on Winchesters and a significant number of 52's were ordered with them (and many more added later to rifles that didn't come with it).

He's quite "chronologically gifted" but still working on triggers and a super nice guy to talk to. He's living in Eley NV and can be reached @ 775-289-2784.

You will not be disappointed.

Dave

Herb Smith has done two M12 triggers for me. Both break cleanly at 3 ounces. He's done A LOT of them for people around here and all over the country. 320-356-7706

Back