Gunsmithing Lathes at the SHOT show.

Shiraz

I purchased one of your G4003G's and love it. I had a small problem with a thread dial gear and your staff jumped on it :), you and your company are first class. Please don’t let the comments of "Dennisinaz" trouble you. His statement is in no way a reflection of the feelings that the majority here have concerning your products. Thanks again for your service to our need, keep the products coming, great DVD also.

Don, I agree with you 100%

William

Whoa, whoa, let's not all jump on me at once. I simply made a comment. If that's their policy, that's fine. It is quite a bit to ship a DVD. If I had that much of a problem with it, I wouldn't have bought the DVD-I could have waited until SHOT and hoped that they had them there at the booth.

I haven't complained about anything other than my experiences with Hart barrels. Jump on my all you want about that. I have no complaint with Grizzly.

Rough crowd.

Just saw this post and its great news. I am in the market to upgrade my small lathe and have been eyeballing these lathes in the catalog. It will be great to see them in person and in action.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you at the SHOT show in a few weeks. Shiraz recently called me and asked if I would be willing to come to the SHOT show to demonstrate the Gunsmithing Lathes and explain them to people.

I will be at the Grizzly booth almost the whole time, and will be chambering a couple of Shiraz's match barrels while I'm there - just as well be productive while I'm there, huh:) Maybe some of Shiraz's F-Class rivals will come by and try to distract me so I make some mistakes while chambering his barrels and give them a better chance against him this summer!!!

But seriously, I was very impressed with the quality of the Grizzly machines and have no problem at all recommending them to other gunsmiths wanting a high quality machine capable of doing extremely accurate work.

For those of you who can't make the SHOT show, I am just finishing an article for Varmint Hunter Magazine describing these Gunsmith's Lathes, how they came to be and just how well they work for chambering barrels, etc. Plus, Grizzly just got the "Chambering a Championship Match Barrel" DVD onto the market that shows these machines and just how well they work for gunsmithing - Shiraz hired a professional video company to make a DVD of me chambering a match barrel and using one of the Grizzly Gunsmith's lathes to do it.

Gordy Gritters

My shop phone # is 641-628-3044. I can be a little hard to get ahold of - I am usually in my shop all day from 7 am - 6 pm, but I'm so busy that I only answer my phone from 2-5 pm Central time (since I'm in Iowa), Monday to Friday.

Gordy Gritters

I'm thinking of buying a 4003G. looks like exactly what I need. does the video come with the 4003g? all I can seem to gather from the catalog is that it comes with the bigger one.

Shiraz...

I'm planning to be at the SHOT Show, and am looking forward to getting an up-close look at the Grizzly gunsmithing lathes. I'm also hoping that you'll have a good supply of the GG barrel-fitting DVDs for sale at the show - I'm currently very satisfied with the results I'm getting using my methods, but am not about to pass up the opportunity to learn something more.

Shiraz and Gordy- I got the DVD today and watched it tonight. Very well done. Kudos to both of you. The lathe obvious is the real deal.

Dennis

Quick update to the guys coming to see us at the SHOT show:

I just got off the phone with my guy who is setting up the booth and he said our location is terrible. Unless you are standing in front of the booth, you will not see the Grizzly sign.Therefore, remember the booth number 1973.

We are in the section with all the Italian companies, so if you forget the booth number, walk the Italian exhibitor lanes. See you there.

Back