Gunsmithing Lathes at the SHOT show.

S

Shiraz Balolia

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we managed to secure a small booth in the Firearms section of the SHOT Show that is being held in Las Vegas next month (Feb 2 - 5).

Gordy Gritters will be there demonstrating the lathes and you can see the lathes under power as well as talk to Gordy.

BOOTH 1973.

you are mean and evil!

i had just decided to not go this year..........

dang you!

mike

Yahoo...!!

I'll see you there, Shiraz.

Best Regards,
John M. Paton

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ps. Gordy too, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. Much appreiciated .

Bob Boldman

.........lathe models will be demonstrated?

G0509G Lathe (Demo)
G4003G Lathe (will have power)
G0670 Lathe (maybe will have power)
We might even have the new EVS Mill there.

Dennis - booth 1973.

Mike - bummer. Supposed to be the biggest show ever. They have huge tents outside with booths as they ran out of space inside. That's why we turned down the show initially, and then out of the blue, someone dropped out in the main Firearms hall inside and we got a 10' x 20' booth. Had to get creative with the layout. Very tiny space, but gives us presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
mike in co

I have a spare bedroom. You'd be welcome.

All I ask is that I can ask you a couple of machining questions.:rolleyes:

Regards,

John

:D:D:D

spott3r/john...
thanks for the offer...
my work is compromised by the dates. i have a gun show on that sat/sun.
close enough to make it for mon/tues.......but not a reasonable plan....so i'll wait till next year.
thanks again...
mike in co

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we managed to secure a small booth in the Firearms section of the SHOT Show that is being held in Las Vegas next month (Feb 2 - 5).

Gordy Gritters will be there demonstrating the lathes and you can see the lathes under power as well as talk to Gordy.

BOOTH 1973.

Shiraz,

My wife will be there running the Kershaw Knives booth. I'll tell her to visit your booth so she can see who all our money is going to! :D

That does look nice- hope it is there!

Shriraz- on another note, if I may be critical, I went ahead and ordered the DVD so I could see this lathe run. I thought $12 shipping for a DVD was quite excessive! Is that you standard rate or is that next day air???

Last edited:
That does look nice- hope it is there!

Shriraz- on another note, if I may be critical, I went ahead and ordered the DVD so I could see this lathe run. I thought $12 shipping for a DVD was quite excessive! Is that you standard rate or is that next day air???

Dennis - our S & H charges are a fixed flat rate on small items, whether you buy a DVD or a vise. Please see the attached chart:

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2008/Main/699

Please take this petty complaint off-line. If you have a small complaint like this, contact the company directly.

Thats all we need is to run off a great supplier information resource because someone thinks he has a direct pipeline to the president of a company, and can mis-use it by airing every little whim and complaint that comes to mind by embarrassing the resource.

Ive seen this happen on other medical and professional boards where invaluable professional contributors are driven off the board because posters have direct access, that they normally would not have without the internet, and then abuse it................Don

Dennis, are you the same guy that complained that Tony Boyer got better barrels than you? I'm seeing a trend from your posts.
Butch

Shiraz and his company are first rate to deal with.

Here is a vendor taht has taken a serious interest in providing customers in a specific field some thing that they need. Shiraz worked with Gordy and collected input and developed a product focused on a rather small industry.

Packing/shipping/handling small orders often takes more effort, resources and time than larger orders and the system Shiraz has makes sense.

I agree with Don---a complaint such as this should be handled individually with the vendor for understanding.

Jim

Back