Gun Case

So...

Reagan was a "B" movie actor. Fred Thompson was (is) a TV actor. Schwartzenegger was a movie actor. But they were Republicans so I guess it's OK.

Twud

Twud
I have a tonneua cover that locks in the corners.I also have a tongue and groove plywood floor that is carpeted.My heavyguns sit on a carpeted 4X4 that also holds two lightguns.The guns are strapped down with tie down straps available at Harbor Freight.The straps go through slot cut into the plywood.All 4 guns sit on the right side of the bed and the rest of my gear sits on the left hand side.My cleaning rods hang on the side of the bed just above the wheel wells.I use two large diameter tubes one for 6mm and one for 30 caliber
Its actually a decent yet cheap set-up.

If thats not an option get yourself a vinyl snowboard case or surfboard case for less than $20
Lynn

Last edited:
dilema I am in.

I have been looking and looking for a reasonably priced guncase that will be about 42-44 inches long max. It will fit the 36" Dewey and and still be able to fit behind the seat of my Ford Ranger.

Calvin

Get a bigger truck, you can haul more guns and if you have escess room, good excuse to buy another gun...

What To Do ?

One of my Prone Shooting friends has a Big Dodge Ram. He has a power cover for his bed. Works with a remote and has a gate lock.
To me this is the "hot set up". I also feel it is weather tight.:)

Almost off topic - Impace Case Company sells their seconds for about half price. I just got one for Julia and I can't see anything wrong with it.

Ava, it is Impact, we live with typos at least since I chopped off the end of my finger, messed up my typing. How would one go about finding info on their seconds?

The Ranger

Get a bigger truck, you can haul more guns and if you have escess room, good excuse to buy another gun...

cost enough...................

I did find a case that works for what I wanted. I purchased a 42" Vanguard bow case. It will easily fit a couple of guns and cleaning rods. Just went to a fabric store and picked up some 2" foam for the lid cavity and Voila..... ridgid gun case that will easily fit behind the seat of my ranger and in the tool box in the back of the truck.

Calvin

Look at /www.ziegeleng.com. They will make what you want.

Don

I'm looking at their site, but, do you know if they make cases where the rifles are in the vertical instead of horizontal? I've seen some cases that hold 4 rifles vertically, but they are made for skinny stocks not the 3" wide stuff we use.

Adrian

cost enough...................

I did find a case that works for what I wanted. I purchased a 42" Vanguard bow case. It will easily fit a couple of guns and cleaning rods. Just went to a fabric store and picked up some 2" foam for the lid cavity and Voila..... ridgid gun case that will easily fit behind the seat of my ranger and in the tool box in the back of the truck.

Calvin

Oh you crazy Canucks...... You'll never catch one of these guys down here GOING INTO A FABRIC STORE!!! You'll have to come up with another fix :D

LOL

Actually it's perty fun to go into the big fabric stores here in the metro area. I normally go in all dirty and hairy in cammies or work gear and am simply charming and it just blows those poor ladies' worldviews all to pieces! I've bought yards of cool stuff in these places.... from home theatre screen to polar fleece to all sorts of sound damping and packing foam. I'm happy with your "fix" as my new gun is starting to look really loooong!

al

Gotta' full size Ram and I am in the market for a new truck. I hate to do it but I'm gonna' buy a Tundra. I'm tired of dumping money into Fords, Dodges and Chevys. At 88M miles I've put $5,000 into repairs in the Ram.
Man, that would be enough for another custom rifle.
Help and keep the USA strong.:)

Gotta' full size Ram and I am in the market for a new truck. I hate to do it but I'm gonna' buy a Tundra. I'm tired of dumping money into Fords, Dodges and Chevys. At 88M miles I've put $5,000 into repairs in the Ram.
Man, that would be enough for another custom rifle.
Help and keep the USA strong.:):)

Back