grouping problems

Make sure your front rest isn't giving up anything. Be sure it fits the fore end so it can't influence or add variation in the harmonics and that it can't rotate at all when the gun recoils. (nuts tight).

Make sure your rear bag is molding to the stock. I like to "thump" it down lightly until the profile of the stock is imprinted in the bag to help make sure I'm not canting or not changing the cant if I am ,at all ..

Its easy to over look the rests while getting to the serious stuff like figuring out whats wrong with the gun and ammo.

Tom

Accuracy in a medium game and up rifle, at least to me...means to take it to the range set everything up as close to field shooting conditions as possible...and fire one round, out of a clean or fouled barrel (as you would take it hunting)...and see if it shoots minute of deer (or whatever) time 3 or 5shots, at the range you think will be your max distance shot. Just my $.02 worth.
Mark

Yeah Mark, provided the barrel is allowed to cool between each of the 3-5shts. Otherwise, it's just group shooting -without sighters.

Well you guys are probably right but I am bot done yet.New PMII 5-25x56 S&B
Got here this a.m will put on Mon.a.m .123 lapua bullets :):)
Going to number bullets as sugguested also am going to change sand bags and rests really hunker down and try again.
Wayne.

Yeah Mark, provided the barrel is allowed to cool between each of the 3-5shts. Otherwise, it's just group shooting -without sighters.

I may not have been clear about what I meant... Get everything set up as if you were taking a shot at your animal, whether it be with a clean barrel or a fouled barrel and shoot one shot at the target then go home or shoot more with a different firearm. Come back the next day that you have an opportunity, set it all up again and shoot one more shot at that same target...repeat this until you have a 3 or 5 shot group. Then...you will realize what kind of hunting accuracy that the rifle is capable of!
Mark

I may not have been clear about what I meant... Get everything set up as if you were taking a shot at your animal, whether it be with a clean barrel or a fouled barrel and shoot one shot at the target then go home or shoot more with a different firearm. Come back the next day that you have an opportunity, set it all up again and shoot one more shot at that same target...repeat this until you have a 3 or 5 shot group. Then...you will realize what kind of hunting accuracy that the rifle is capable of!
Mark

Thank you mark I will give that a try.It is a good idea,that way you would know what your gun will do in a real world cold barrel shot group.
Wayne.

Back