Grind shop

skeetlee

Any of you fine men know where I might find a shop that can grind me some rods at a reasonable price? I'm looking to get some 8" long rods ground. .2364 .2366 .2368 to start with. I want to something a little different. Anyway if anyone knows of a shop that can do this please let me know. Thanks lee

Any of you fine men know where I might find a shop that can grind me some rods at a reasonable price? I'm looking to get some 8" long rods ground. .2364 .2366 .2368 to start with. I want to something a little different. Anyway if anyone knows of a shop that can do this please let me know. Thanks lee

Lee, your best bet would probably be either JGS or PT&G. What you are describing sounds remarkably like their range rods. Can you share with us what you plan to use these for? :eek: Sounds interesting. :)

Gene Beggs

I will venture a guess what he is going to use them for.

To check the "straightness" of different sections in a barrel.

Do this with the barrel spinning in the lathe where both ends are dialed in true.

Rods that small in diameter and long length would have to be done on a centerless grinder...expensive. IMO.

Whatever you end up with, make sure to check the rods for straightness. It's easy and cheap to get them ground to a diameter, but more difficult to get them perfectly straight.

Back