Georgia State IR 50/50 3 Gun

B

Bob Pekaar

The Georgia State Yards Championship will be held on August 23,08 in Georgetown, Georgia at 9 AM. The best motels ar right across the water in Eufala, AL. There is also a subperb Mexican restaurant there (Mc Cormick 4*) Several of us are staying at the Jamieson Inn on 08/22 (334-687-7747) in Eufala. There is also a Best Western that you can find on their web site. I've stayed at both and prefer the Jamieson. The meters event will be held in Montezuma with Phil Deese as Range Master. There is only one small motel there and most people will stay at the Best Western in Cordele (40 min drive) or, as I prefer, the Jamieson in Perry. This is not too far from the range. Their phone number is 478-987-5060. Phil said he will be at the range Sat. afternoon if you want to adjust your paralax, windage and elevation. The range is full functional now after being hit by a storm. Phil tells me that Montezuma (meters) benches will be drawn on Saturday at Leonard's Range. Be prepared for a good time and good food. I've prepared a new tape for Leonard Worthy's tape player (he shoots with one on). If I can sneak it in- goodbye 250.

If not MTZ stay Perry

Bob,
Perry is much closer by over 18 miles and has all kinds of restaurants – Red Lobster, Long Horn, and Italian. I think that where the “Travel Master” McCormick stays. If you need directions let me know - or follow Bob if his GPS is ON.
Bob Collins

Catfish Shoot

"Quigley" Pekaar's post pretty much tells the tale. We will be having the 15th Annual Catfish Shoot this Saturday. The brown truck has dropped off a box of great looking plaques-Peak's Unlimited, of Wewahitchka Fla., has done it again. The fish are already caught, and the Brownie mix already bought. ;)

What are we looking like on weather after the tropical storm?

Jim

that's anyone's guess right now. Alot depends on which way it goes and how fast. Most of the Models have it stalling off or near of Jacksonville, Fl and then turning back to the West. One or two more days and they will know for sure which way and what it's going to do. Only a couple show it passing on North and up the Atlantic. I'll keep you updated!:confused: Hopefully it goes elsewhere cause Leonard puts on one H__l of a Shoot and feed.

Tropical Storm Fay

The storm is presently predicted to pass to the South of us on Saturday. The current forecast for Saturday is 50% chance of rain. We are going to shoot on Saturday, and Phil is going to have the 50 meter match in Montezuma on Sunday. The storm should be well passed on by Sunday. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring a better forecast. Don't let a little threat of rain cause you to miss two good matches. See y'all Saturday!

Weather Update

Guys, the weather forecast actually got worse today. Althought the projected path of the storm looks well South of us, the Weather is Channel still predicting 80% chance of rain on Saturday. I hope it changes tomorrow. The local weather man just said that "if it follows the projected path, we won't see any bad weather." Anyhow, we will more than likely have to deal with at least some rain. I certainly understand if anybody decides to stay home. I will update with any changes on the weather.

As long as you have someone to score the targets and keep the hush puppies dry, I'll be there.

Jim

We survived!

I have electricity and a phone now, so I'll post some results. To say it was messy would be an understatement. Thanks to all who came, and all who helped with the match.
Sporter
1)Greg Davis 240-5X
2)Ron McCormick 239-10X
3)Emery Smith 23708X
10.5 lb.
1)Jim Pepper 245-10X
2)L. Worthy Jr. 242-6X
3)Grg Davis 240-6X
13.5 lb
1)Jim Pepper 242-11X
2)Emery Smith 242-10X
3)Greg Davis 242-9X
2-GUN AGG.
1)Jim Pepper 487-21X
2)Greg Davis 482-15X
3)L. Worthy 480-16X
3-GUN AGG.
1)Jim Pepper 723-26X
2)Greg Davis 722-20X
3)Ron McCormick717-26X

Leonard, Thanks for a good shootand good food. Thank Brenda for us. Who caught the catfish?

Back