Gene's Tuner @ 200 yd

Mike,

I didn't say anything about any product. I experssed a difference of opinion on how tuners work, and about how readily information was discounted by some, that is all.

Boyd

the disscussion was abouts gene's tuner....maybe not working at 200 when in tune at 100. when you say his theory is in question, and the tuner is the basis of his theory, to me you have questioned his product.

again to me, as you have said, it aint what you meant.
so i think we are good
mike in co

Jerry..

I will re-shoot and re-verify my results for ya but I shot those groups one after the other with flags and after cooling of the barrel.

First I shot at 100 yds to get initial tune - 5 - 5 shot groups just like a match.

Then

I shot at 200 yds thinking it would be just wonderful - it wasn't -
Adjusted the tuner and the it shoot better groups.

Went back to 100 yds adj scope and groups good not great.

At FRGC I can place a target at 100yds and a 200rd target directly above and all one has to do is more up and adjust scope setting.

Scope is a New Lup 45X.

I have a rifle in 30BR that struggles at 100 but shoots great at 200. No tuner. I haven't found the reason why yet, but I'm still looking.

jerry sir

if everything checks out how about trying to set the tuner for 150 yds and then with the same setting shoot 100yds and 200yds then once you know the setting works well for both yardages note it as your 0 point or tuning datum,then move it as per temp change from there?not sure if that would work but kinda would like to know if that could work and will test that possibility soon myself. tim in tx

Back