Gene Bukys wins the super shoot

Calling that one a tie might be fair, IMO.

PS No disrespect to GB intended. :)

I don't see any reason in the world to call it a tie, it wasn't. I had an exact tie with Dwight Scott several years ago at the Cactus shoot. He won on the tie breaker. I was second place and those are the rules.
I'll bet Jeff will be around and get his share I'm sure.

Calling that one a tie might be fair, IMO.

PS No disrespect to GB intended. :)

A close margin of Victory in any sport is a true indicator of the level of competition. In Track and Field,it would be called a "Photo finish.

The best effort won a hard fought match. It will be remembered because the margin was so close. 0.0001

Glenn

congrats to both of the gentlemen. what a way to win and to be second. simply awesome on both of there parts!!! lee

IMHO... I'd prefer to call Gene's SS win poetic justice..... :)

2010 Super Shoot Two-Gun Overall Top 20
1. GEORGE CARTER 0.2233
2. GENE BUKYS 0.2243

V

I'd prefer to say, a win with a margin of .0001 compared to a win of .0010 is a win. .001 is one hundred times larger than .0001 Poetic justice is not even in the ballpark smitty, especially with the margin of this years win. You are comparing apples to elephants. George outshot Gene buy a bunch compared to the win Gene had over Jeff. It just goes to show how the competition is in today's world. Gene deserved the win because he beat Jeff by .0001, the smallest of margins in this game. Gene was the winner for sure, that is why the targets are measured. Gene also lost to George for the same reason, but by a much greater margin.
Later
Dave

Last edited:
Wait...Wait for it

I ran the Blue Bonnet match earlier this month and from the range officer's seat, was fortunate to observe Gene at his best. He just sits and waits for his preferred condition and then just rips off five in about thirty seconds. From his past performances in the last few years, he continues to cement a great legacy in the benchrest world.

virg

Last edited:
Back