Gary Long wins very windy 100yd National in Iowa

Dick Grosbier

Club Coordinator
Gary Long wins 100yd Score National in Iowa

Today in Iowa in a field of 58 Varmint For Score shooters Gary Long primarily known as a very good Hunter Class shooter finished on top of the field at 100 yards. Gary's 250-21 score Creedmored Mike Rippey and TK Nolan who also shot 250-21x. 4th was Humble Henry Rivers with 20x and Tom Majewski was 5th with 19x

Full details are now posted on the IBS webpage.

Dick

Last edited:
Great shooting Gary!

I'd bet most VFS shooters have never given any thought to what would happen if Gary picked up a VFS rifle. If I'd ever given it a thought I would have shuddered. Add a windy day to all of that , and his Nationals win is no surprise at all.

Congratulations,
-Dave:)

Yes..

Great shooting Gary!

I'd bet most VFS shooters have never given any thought to what would happen if Gary picked up a VFS rifle. If I'd ever given it a thought I would have shuddered. Add a windy day to all of that , and his Nationals win is no surprise at all.

Congratulations,
-Dave:)

Pete Wass called me on my way home from work and gave me the good news. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!!

Dave, nice to see a post from you! --Greg

Dick...

Today in Iowa in a field of 58 Varmint For Score shooters Gary Long primarily known as a very good Hunter Class shooter finished on top of the field at 100 yards. Gary's 250-21 score Creedmored Mike Rippey and TK Nolan who also shot 250-21x. 4th was Humble Henry Rivers with 20x and Tom Majewski was 5th with 19x

Dick

Pete Wass 200 yd hunter score is not in tabulation? Shows him in the hunter grand agg??

Dick, you left too early.

Dick

There was a protest that changed the top five. Joe Entreken got 1 more X and Creedmored Majewski for 5th place.

And for the record, today's winds really weren't that bad. I realize I was not shooting, too busy punching computer keys and sorting ties, but today's winds were really pretty normal for Boone Valley. Wait for tomorrow for "real" winds. And mirage. And a true Iowa 200 yards!!!!!!!!

Great shooting Gary! Also congratulations to Francis and Greg on the 6x side!

David - thank you for doing the stats and getting them to Dick G. so fast! We also appreciate you preparing the MP3 files for the ranges' use.

Jeff

Last edited:
Congratulations to Mike Rippey on second, one of the really nice people in the sport,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Addendum . . . 200Yd. forcast . . .

For the first three days, we've been blessed with unusually nice weather - low humidity, 4-5 Deg. below normal temps, and winds on the light side of average (normal would be 15-22 MPH)!:) As this is typed, 5:45 AM local time, today's forcast dictates a high of 72 Deg. F, winds light and variable: NNE to SSE at 5-7 MPH - it should be a "Trigger Pull" . . . just in case the forcast proves incorrect, stay tuned for the whining! :eek:;) Yours truly, the target crew lackey, RG

Back