Gain twist

TedH

Young and Handsome
Is anybody out there still messing with gain twist?
I know it was hot last year.
Ted

I have four 6mm gain twist LV Bartlien Blanks for sale if anybody is interested.

As for your question, just as with most barrels, you get a great one, it shoots great. You get a good one, it just shoots good.........jackie

Hi Jackie S.
You got PM

/Jan R.
Sweden

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrels

Jackie,

If you have any left I might be interested in a couple.

Trae

I use a 8.25 to 7.75 gain twist Bartlein on my BAT 6mm Dasher, and it performs great. I believe Tony B. is still using the 15-14.25 GT Bartlein to pile up more and more HOF points. They seem to be working great for many shooters. James

thanks for those answers and numbers.
It seems that the Idea is to have just a small amount of gain.
Less than 1 inch of gain.
Ted

I've shot nothing but gain twist Bartlene barrels for the last two years now --- and I will shoot them this year again --

Gene

I am due a new barrel for the 257TED and since the last straight 1/12 twist Bartlein barrel did so well I thought I would try the gain twist.
I was thinking of a 12.5 to 11.75 in 4 groove.

I've shot nothing but gain twist Bartlene barrels for the last two years now --- and I will shoot them this year again --

Gene

Gene B:
I had two nice Bartlein GT last year (14.75 - 14.25), I think they been made at least 2 years ago.
I've heard that it's difficult to have the great ones in the last production?
Guess that you have some good left then ?

Bullen

I guess that I don't know about the latest production yet --I did get a few early last season and they were great barrels -- one was 2nd at the SS last year, I had one on each of 4 different rifles and I used one at each yardage at the buffalo last year. I managed to win all 4 yardages and won the Buffalo with them, so it looks like most of them were good to great barrels. I do have a few new Bartlene's on the way now but I haven't seen them yet, so I don't really know about the current production, but I will ---

Gene Bukys

Ok Gene.
Seems like you had some nice Barrels last year ;-)
Hope you will have more great Bartlein barrels soon and looking forward to have your opinion of them.

But please don't get all of them..we are some Swedes looking for the great ones :)

Back