frozen scope Brackney mount??

skeetlee

What are the general thoughts on a frozen leupold with a brackney type mount? I am looking at a couple but I know nothing about this system. I guess I am curious if its a solid trust worthy set up? Lee

Lee: I had one and loved it but for one issue. I put mine on a Turbo rim fire rifle and there was not enough real estate between the scope mounts so adjusting the scope was a bit touchy for me. With a bit more space between it would have been the cats meow. I would not hesitate to put one on a long action. The guy I sold mine to loves it. bob

You're IN-BOX is FULL

Skeet,

Tried PM-ing you but you in box is FULL.

If you PM me your phone number, time zone and best time to call, I will do so.

I have some info that may be helpful to you.

I have one and like it , the only down side is that it takes a bit longer switching back and forth from 100 yards to 200 yards. I think the system is solid and trustworthy, would not hesitate to buy another.

I Have one

I have used off and on for a few years. I like mine. I tried it on my Myers action the other day and was able to adjust it easily @ 50 yards. Some things to note, however: keep the set screws tight on both the turrets and the tensioning threaded plug that holds the spring. I discovered mine had come without a set screw for the tensioning plug when the scope was on my 30 BR HV rifle causing shots to go waaaaaaaaaay over there. Also the turrets WILL MOVE, from recoil if the set screws applying tension the turrets, to keep them in place, are not tight. Got to love the Bomb to shoot them 30's, eh!

Pete

Back