Front rest question

T

tcjones

I have a Caldwell front rest and that might just be all my budget allows this winter. Any one know if an Edgewood front bag will fit on a Caldwell? Thanks,

The question is

I have a Caldwell front rest and that might just be all my budget allows this winter. Any one know if an Edgewood front bag will fit on a Caldwell? Thanks,

What kind of top is on your Caldwell? Is it a windage top or fixed?

David

Windage. What's the deal getting an Edgewood, hard to find.

I'm fling by the seat of my pants still and thought the Edgewood looked cool. I've never tried one or the other but I need something.

I hear you. I've been in the housing construction for coming up on 40 years and tools can make or break your day. Protekor looks to have a new line up on front bags. Oh boy, more to think about.
Thanks guys.

buy Edgewood.

I hear you. I've been in the housing construction for coming up on 40 years and tools can make or break your day. Protekor looks to have a new line up on front bags. Oh boy, more to think about.
Thanks guys.
And don't look back.

I wanted a soft leather front bad for my Farley, called Protektor and had it custom made and delivered in about 8 days. And only fotry bucks.
Bill
I went ahead and ordered from them as well. The shipping was funny to Alaska but when I called and explained to a young gal named Leanne she told me no sweat, we'll send USPS.
Very responsive and polite people. I couldn't make up my mind so I bought two, same shipping price. All the way over here, $7.00. I just had to see the new silver slick one, it is slippery.

Yep. I like the Edgewood bags but the price scares me. I use Protektor and really like them. Back when Dave Dohrmann was around, he had a deal worked out with Protektor to use his super slick cloth. After Dave died, the rights to use the cloth went to Protektor. I can't see where you need any more than what Protektor offers. They will work with you on most any custom work you want. I guess Edgewood will too.

I put an Edgewood on mine . I had to punch new holes in it . I had to buy new screws.

I have owned Protektor, Bald Eagle and Edgewood bags. After getting the Edgewood I really don't understand why they cost so much. Sure, it's a nice bag, but so are the others for 1/3 the price. I wouldn't buy Edgewood again after owning all three.

I have owned Protektor, Bald Eagle and Edgewood bags. After getting the Edgewood I really don't understand why they cost so much. Sure, it's a nice bag, but so are the others for 1/3 the price. I wouldn't buy Edgewood again after owning all three.

Exactly. And since bald eagle is out that only leaves one

Thats not bald eagle. Shiraz bought the name and has some third world country stamp the name on stuff. The old bald eagle stuff was top shelf. I still have bags and rests that are very nice

Thats not bald eagle. Shiraz bought the name and has some third world country stamp the name on stuff. The old bald eagle stuff was top shelf. I still have bags and rests that are very nice

OK, understood. Pretty sure the third world countries are China and Taiwan.

Back