Free Recoil question for Tonykharper

My dot is very small and I think that's what make it work so well. Leupold Target Dot with Fine Cross Hair reticle.

Also, one last piece of info about my Sporter system. I use a screw-in cap on my eye piece with a small hole drilled in the center. Then I also have a cap on the front with a hole about twice the size. This accomplishes several things. It makes me place my eye in the exact same position for each shot. Also, I believe it has an optical effect sharpening my image. It also cuts down on the light coming through the scope and helps reduce eye fatigue. After 3 or (even more importantly) 6 targets this really helps.

Good luck!

I have too, a small target dot on fine crosshairs, good!

Funny enough I have on most of my scopes a cap with reduced diameter, as you described, to cut down light and increase depth of field.
But never found caps that suit the Leupolds. Did you machine or bought them?

I have too, a small target dot on fine crosshairs, good!

Funny enough I have on most of my scopes a cap with reduced diameter, as you described, to cut down light and increase depth of field.
But never found caps that suit the Leupolds. Did you machine or bought them?

The front cap is made of leather and slips over the front. A local shooter makes them to the exact diameter of the front.

The rear cap is a screw-in cap made by Leupold. They have replaced the screw-in cap with flip-up models but you can find the older ones on ebay occasionally.

Back