? for those shooting WOLF primers

goodgrouper

tryingtobeabettergrouper
I found a local place that just started carrying WOLF primers and they have them at a price that's hard to pass up. Only problem is that they have only small rifle in stock. No magnum small rifle primers.

So the ? is, are the magnums what everyone is shooting?
Anyone shot the regulars?

Considering that I just payed $43 for 1000 Fed 205gm's at Brunos :)eek:), I thinks me going to switch to wolfies. Just don't know which one to try-standards or magnums.

Thanks.

For those shooting WOLF primers

I'm shooting the wolf SR mags
They are great. I havent tried the regular SR primer yet.
I have been told they are the same , only with a softer cup.

Wolf small rifle primers

I have both the SR and SRM Wolf primers. The SR primers are SOFT and will flow and pierce easily. I am going to start using them for pistol primers and do not recommend them in rifles.

The SRM primers are great and I use them now exclusively in my 6mmBR loads and they ahve tightened up my groups at all ranges.

The Wolf LR rifle primers do not seem to have this problem.

:)
George

At the load levels I shoot in a PPC the Wolf Standard rifle primer won't cut it. They blank nearly 100% 0f the time. Accuracy is fine with the small rifle magnum primer and the blanking is non-existant. An interesting aside to this is the Wolf standard small rifle primer seems to live fine in a .30BR at Benchrest load levels. That is to say above 34.5 gr H-4138 and Bib 118 gr. (10) ovive bullets although I stay with the Wolf SRMP in this case as well. With that said, I see supplies begining to shrink on these primers as we speak.

Mike Swartz

I guess the word is officially out on these Russian primers...The high power guys have been all over them going on two seasons now.

The only thing that has worked for me with the Wolf standard small rifle primer is the 30br. My modified 6br needs the srm as well as my 223.

Does anyone have any left?

I've been looking for Wolf LR primers but can't find any. Does anyone have a source?

they are on a ship..and may be here in may or june,,,,,,

wolf makes THREE small rifle primers.
sr
sr/223
sr mag

the 223 is suppose to be a little thicker and a little hotter, designed specifically for our lovely ar family of rifles. they have done well in my ar's. i have not tried any in my br guns, but 4-5 yrs agao when everyone was raving about pmc primers...they were actually wolf in sheeps(pmc) clothing.

mike in co

Back