For those of us with ringing in our ears...

Hearing Implant

Jim1K
I would be interested in knowing a bit more about what you found out about what can go wrong with an implant. I am in the decision making process to get that done, the one I am looking at is by Bahama, and I am trying to get this done in the next 30 days. If you don't want to discuss on this thread please PM me.

For those of us with ringing ...: Promising new gene therapy trial

I am very familiar with the hearing science and also suffer from Tinnitus. But, I am not rushing out to buy the latest wonder drug claiming to cure something I know is not the subject of rigorous research.

Here's something you may not be aware of, a new gene therapy trial - not for tinnitus specifically, but for restoring hearing loss by triggering regrowth of hair cells (and possible mitigation of tinnitus caused by damaged hair cells, which is what I have.)

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/...erapy-i-knew-this-day-would-come/#more-108031

My Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor suggested Lipo-Flavonoid ear pills that can be purchased at Wal-Mart . I have Tinnitus and these pills really help me. If I get them for a week, the ringing gets much worse. These are a little expensive at 28.00 bucks for a bottle that last one month.

After reading Boyd's post, I thought what the hey, may as well give this one a try and its cheap to boot. Went and bought a bottle of 500 mg capsules and have taken 1 a day for the past couple of months.e

Where did you buy the Taurine capsules?

I think I will just live with it. I take enough pills already....and I actually prefer hearing the crickets ....it drowns out the Mrs.

I take Carnitine, creatin, and taurine -----

Along with other inner body salts, for Mitochrondrial myopathy. Have been for years. Does not help my tiniteus a bit. If anything its getting louder

A little unrelated info:
Retired after 40 years working in a factory that produces wine bottles, and even though she used foam ear plugs, my wife has tinnitus (as do I), but she had not mentioned it to me. After reading Laurence's post in this thread to her, she told me about her problem, and I suggested that she start taking one of the 1,000 mg. capsules daily as I do. Today, she told me that if she takes two of them together, that this results in her having a lot of extra energy. I mention this as I am about to try that myself. I probably should also mention that her coffee intake does not vary much (two cups in the morning), and that we do not stock soda of any sort at home, although we both enjoy one with a burger from time to time, when we eat out.

Back