for Coots....

Al
A 6 log load has to be pretty good these days. Do you bid on timber or just the haul ?

Mcoulgh used to make chainsaws for large timber....big on bottom end but heavy by later standards. We called them ha,ha's....you would pull the cord and it would go ha,ha,ha,ha.

Mort

Al
A 6 log load has to be pretty good these days. Do you bid on timber or just the haul ?

Mcoulgh used to make chainsaws for large timber....big on bottom end but heavy by later standards. We called them ha,ha's....you would pull the cord and it would go ha,ha,ha,ha.

Mort

Neither, we bootlegged these out of my range for setup of my Oehler 43's and so's I could get my 600yd shot ;)

They were in my way........

My Dad was a small engine mechanic back in the late 60's early 70's and the claim floated about this area was that "the McCullough carb was so over-engineered that you could fire it up at the base of a big fir, climb up to top 'er out and the saw wouldn't run because of the altitude change"

My Dad's brother Jim had one of them big saws..... they set him up on a two-man saw but the other guy couldn't keep up in the woods so Jim bob-tailed 'er down to 6-foot and ran 'er alone.

Logging

Al,
I made a lot of friends in the logging business and two of them were seriously injured. There were the Mortensen brothers that called me cousin Mort. They were sen instead of son...whatever. Brother Milt was falling salvage (dead Fir) when his tree hit another and a flying limb hit him the back. He was hospitalized and out of business for quite a while. His brother Gene, was a rigger on a skyline unit when the tail hold broke loose under a lot of tension. The cable whipped across the unit and set him flying. The wife and I went to the hospital asap. He looked awful and was heavily drugged. He did remember we were there....surprise.

Another friend was a climber and he had some serious balls. We called him (English John) because of his accent. He had a great background from logging in England, Scotland and Norway. He wanted to work in big timber so he moved to the West Coast of the US. He had no fear of heights and made a couple of jobs I did possible. Him and his wife came to visit us last year and he still looks good.

The Mortensen brothers have since passed away.

Milt's saw a HaHa!

Mort

Last edited:
Do you think prime shipping would be free on 50 tons of crushed limestone for my driveway?
Might have to check on it. :confused:

Joe Hynes

I just blew my Jamison's out my nose! gosh that burns but i don't care who ya are that is FUNNY

Back