FN - Special Police Rifle - SPR in 308

F

Flat Tire

Hello, I have this FN rifle and it shoots great, I want to upgrade the trigger and I know it is a remake of the Win pre64 action. Does anyone know of upgrades for the trigger ? What I would like is a Jewel Match Trigger like I have in my Rem 700. Thanks-

Hello, I have this FN rifle and it shoots great, I want to upgrade the trigger and I know it is a remake of the Win pre64 action. Does anyone know of upgrades for the trigger ? What I would like is a Jewel Match Trigger like I have in my Rem 700. Thanks-

I bet you can find out with a Google search, or call Jewell and ask them. You can find them with a Google search too.

I have an FN and installed a Timney on it years ago. Also, If memory servers me, the FN's were not a remake of anything. They were the original Mauser actions, ( mine was made in Belgium) ( '98). We copied them with the 03-A3, and Win. copied the bolt design as well with the positive feed .

I did a search and found a place that talked about adjustment. It has been set at the factory at about 4.5 and they glued the adjustment screws. But the glue came off and I got it adjusted to feel real nice. The article I found said they set them to some FBI table test. Something like it had to be knocked off a table and not go off ??? Don't know anything about that stuff but it can be adjusted to a better target setting and it saved me some coin. Thanks

Yes, the Winchester trigger is easy to adjust to a very usable level.
The jewel replacement really is a much nicer trigger though.
Unfortunately it is not a simple drop in replacement like the Remington.
It requires some work on the trigger guard to prevent impingement.
Still a relatively easy job for the home gunsmith.

I've worked over Winchester triggers and installed every after market Win trigger I've ever found and nothing's easier to install than the Rifle Basics. I like my (personal) hunting and tactical triggers set at 1lb and the R.B. will go below that if you just gotta have it that way.
The Jewell has never failed and if you want a BR trigger on your FN then it's the way to go but be ready to spend some time at the mill to make room for it, use a good coated carbide end mill on that bottom metal and will go a lot easier, that's the most trashy steel I've had the displeasure of working with.

Back