fireforming safety....

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Using 40gr Clays in the 338L case it's kinda' hard to check the levels visually fer shure. It's down deep.
Clays bridges righteous and an over or undercharge of ten grains wrecks the brass.
So I checked my levels by walking earpickers acros't the loaded cases.
0201141656.jpg
Showed up good, not too time consuming
k'BOOM k'BOOM k'BOOM
suhWEET cases
:)
al

Safety

This is a considerably fast powder. I used it for pistol reloading. I think I would carefully weigh each charge,to be certain.

I definitely would not trust any type guage. Kinda like trusting the needle on the gas gauge in your car. But that's just me. I'm a little paranoid.

Glenn

I use that needle on my gas guage

Whenever it says "Empty" for a couple of days, I buy gas. It's just simple.

Last edited:
Not me, I use that trip computer on the dash that sez I've got time left.....

I've been out of gas in some really inconvenient spots. East side of Fourth Of July Pass westbound into Couer D'Alene???? Yup... Freeway overpass on ther top loop of spaghetti junction by the Rose Bowl???........ yup

North Sacramento at 3:30AM????

yup.....

Eastbound between Ritzville and Spokane where you cain't even see a light?????

yup

Fuh'GEDDABOUT gas gauges.... it's all about computers and sensors......
Computers is smarter than gauges

LOL
al

.... until you change a battery mid tank. The gizmos supposed to maintain computer smarts don't keep the tank detail.

Found that one out last week.

Ohh yeahh.... and in my car fueling while the engine is running is bigtime bad. Put it into "limp mode"

I've run out of gas a few times, and rather than seeing how far I can go have decided to stop when it's convenient and I'm nearing or just past a quarter tank. Being stuck on the east side of Fourth of July Pass or between Ritzvile and Spokane would not be fun. More fun than halfway between Billings and Miles City or Miles City and Glendive maybe, but not by much, and it'd depend on the time of day and season. This time of year would be ugly.

Back