Fiocchi primers

Funny that you should ask. A while back that was all I could get. So I'm now working my way through 3,000 of them. I am not an expert so my data is of middling quality, but they have all gone bang for sure.

As to the velocity variation, I can't give you hard data. My gun is not a real "benchrest" gun; just a savage action. On that setup, my groups with the Fiocchi primers are no different than they were with WSR previously.

Anybody tried Fiocchi rifle primers?

Work the load up... But a clean bolt face won't stay that way with a pierce.
I have tried them but no real data in a BR gun... I stopped short of my 28.5 ++ PPC load due to pressure signs and I want to keep my bolt face clean...
Now say'n that, the Fiocchi SR primer may have not pierced if I kept going up.
Showed "similar" "flow" as a Federal primer.

If ya need primers............ Wolf SRM.

cale

I have an unbushed savage. Firing pin protrusion was .059. Fiocchi (due to primer shortage) It pierced one at about 29 grains. Moved the firing pin back to .045. No further piercings but I don't go much above 28. At 28.5-29 grains, with my unbushed firing pin, I get a "volcano" worth of cratering -- 1/32" or more, enough to cut your finger -- but it didn't pierce.

Just found come CCI's nearby, may switch and compare.

I tried a few in my 6ppc with my normal load. Accuracy was off but thats to be expected. Showed no scary signs of pressure. Seeing as I'm a hoarder I simply discontinued thier use.

Now as for those Mag Tech 7.5's I bought at Cabelas. Stay very far away from those things:eek:
All sorts of wierd scary signs and strange accuracy midway through book data in a 204R.
Should be called Mag Tech 6.5's.;)

can you quantify how much loss of accuracy you saw with the fiocchi?

doc
"A few" I shot just one five shot group with them. Just cuz they were new to me and sitting on the bench when I was loading up some rounds.
I'm usually capable of steering my gun to mid/high .1 up to mid .2 as long as the wind is nice;)
I did'nt measure but I'd quess the group was a low .4

It really means nothing. Quite possible a little tweaking would bring it around.
All it meant to me was they did'nt shoot better than the 205 M's I usually use with that particular load.

They sure beat the Mag Techs. I sprinkle those things on my icy steps for traction.

jo

doc
"A few" I shot just one five shot group with them. Just cuz they were new to me and sitting on the bench when I was loading up some rounds.
I'm usually capable of steering my gun to mid/high .1 up to mid .2 as long as the wind is nice;)
I did'nt measure but I'd quess the group was a low .4

It really means nothing. Quite possible a little tweaking would bring it around.
All it meant to me was they did'nt shoot better than the 205 M's I usually use with that particular load.

They sure beat the Mag Techs. I sprinkle those things on my icy steps for traction.

what kind of gun shooting in the mid .1's to mid .2's tks

Back