Federal Primers

federal primers

Midway had some 205 standard primers in stock today. less then Brunos if you buy enough/ Remember the hazmat charges compliments of you federal govs.

more incorrect bs form a whinner...
HAZMAT CHARGES are by the carrier and HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT....not a thing.....JUST ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE MONEY OFF SHOOTERS.

Where do you pull this stuff from???

Are you saying that the following transcripts are false?

The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) regulates hazmat transportation within the territory of the US.
1.1 — Explosives with a mass explosion hazard. (nitroglycerin/dynamite)
1.2 — Explosives with a blast/projection hazard.
1.3 — Explosives with a minor blast hazard. (rocket propellant, display fireworks)
1.4 — Explosives with a major fire hazard. (consumer fireworks, ammunition)
1.5 — Blasting agents.
1.6 — Extremely insensitive explosives.

As I've understood it from the standpoint of business..... (I've only personally spoken with 15-20 people/companies on the subject) the charges originate from the monies required to set up training for people to comply with govt regulations..... am I wrong?

al

do you charge customers a training fee to cover your college costs, or for the time you spend training employees ??..as a separate FEE ???

it is a way for the carrier to make more money , plain and simple.

The customer pays for everything. Most of the time it's not spelled out that way, but that is the way business works. If you expect to stay in business, you must make a profit. You can bet your a$$ that if UPS can sell what they do for less than FedEx and still make a profit, they will do it.
The charges are there because the federal government requires the training and handling. The freight companies treat it as just another cost of doing business like labor, fuel pricing and insurance and pass it along. It's just that in this case they spell it out so the customer knows what the charge is for. What? you thought they just decided that they could add a hazmat surcharge and make a few bucks? Right....

Rick

bottom line..hazmat fee is NOT a GOVERNMENT FEE, but a carrier fee.

Agreed BUT...... a charge levied to recoup charges incurred in complying with govt rules, NOT "just another way to make money off shooters."

al,
have you ever seen a hazmat charge on paint ???...as in gallons of or 5 gallon buckets ?
or any of the other items that require special handling ??
there is a hazmat requirement on ammo...but no hazmat charge ??
but have a good day and we shall let this die...

the basic requirements are not new but the costs have sky rocketed...

Good points. No, I have not seen charges for paint, but then my local "UPS stores" simply won't ship hazmat, except for the central UPS hub. And I've never ordered volatile paint.

Al, i can't get the bore cleaner i use because some of the chemicals are on the new hazmat list…………jim

Federal primers

Increased Haz mat fees were just talked about in the last Congress
uncle sugar has the last word on them. write your congress people and complain, they are excessive.
They are also approved by the US Congress

Back