Federal Match Auto

Pete Wass

I am wondering if any of you Auto Loader Benchrest folks have tried or are using the Federal Auto Match Ammo?

Pete

Pete: I shoot it some in handguns. Hardly the best choice, but far better than some of the junk out there. You will get a few ftf's since the priming compound is not spun well enough. That said it is not defense ammo anyway. I much prefer the copper coated 36 grain HP's sold as "Federal Champion". Far fewer ftf's than automatch....I don't know why. By the case it is not that bad cost wise and the same price for either.

If you want reliable inexpensive ammo, CCI Standard Velocity in the blue box is my go to round. It is the only round I'll shoot in my Smith 41, but all my other guns shoot it quite well. One of these days I'll shoot a box or 2 at an ARA target with a tournament gun just to see how it plays. Certainly less expensive than Eley Match or Tenex. bob

My S&W Model 41 only likes CCI Standard Velocity and my Advanced Arms Target model .22 conversion kit for my Gold Cup only likes CCI Mini Mags. I never understand though how any of the standard ammo suppliers can sell ammo as "Match" ammo that is bulk packed and can bang around against each other in the box. In my RF Bench Rest Rifles, I only shoot Lapua or Tenex and then only certain lots.

Bob

Thanks for the replies

I'v been shooting it at Steel Chickens and it seems to shoot well in those rifles at them but extreme accuracy isn't a must there.

Pete

Back