Farley BR rifle and Stiller drop port

W

Wad Cutter

Hi everyone,

Long time, and I am hanging it all up... Everything is being sold at auction starting this coming Friday, Oct 2, at http://poulinantiques.com/ in Farifield Maine, including my Farley with the extra 6BR barrel, and my Stiller drop port. I also have two new Stiller actions that have never been used, flags, LaPua cases, flags, Farly co axial rest, 20,000 primers, all my VV powder, everything. Most of you know the rifles, wish I wasn't selling, but, I got old! Funny how that catches up to you and you don't see it coming. Everything from my reloading room is going, from the 30 gun Browning safe to what was in it. :-(

My warm regards to all,

George Barnard
ggbii at earthlink dot net

You will have to go through the list and look, as I have 52 different "lots" from my safe and reloading room. The lot numbers for the Gary Long built Drop port rifle is 2338, the new Stiller drop port action with a new 1 in 17" Rock Creek barrel is 2345, and there is a Stiller long action, new, in the box, and mis labelled as a drop port, it is just a new Stiller action suitable for a case such as a 30.06, RBRP. #2346 They didn't have much of a clue about much of my bench rest items, and the Farley, (Gary Long) has a 6BR barrel loosely screwed into the front instead of the 30 BR barrel that goes with the rifle. lot 2339, and the rest of my gear is pretty much all over the place. They put one of my Nightforce NP2-DD 12-42x56 scopes in with each rifle, with a very low estimate of sale price, way less than the cost of just the scopes. I am not real happy with that, but it's too late now, I just hope someone realizes the value and bids it up enough to get rid of this sick feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. :-(

Regards,

George

how do we find your stuff? is there a lot number?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I read that right?? THEY put the scopes on you sent them seperate. Shouldnt they be a seperate lot then.
I am going to be watching that drop port real close.

You will have to go through the list and look, as I have 52 different "lots" from my safe and reloading room. The lot numbers for the Gary Long built Drop port rifle is 2338, the new Stiller drop port action with a new 1 in 17" Rock Creek barrel is 2345, and there is a Stiller long action, new, in the box, and mis labelled as a drop port, it is just a new Stiller action suitable for a case such as a 30.06, RBRP. #2346 They didn't have much of a clue about much of my bench rest items, and the Farley, (Gary Long) has a 6BR barrel loosely screwed into the front instead of the 30 BR barrel that goes with the rifle. lot 2339, and the rest of my gear is pretty much all over the place. They put one of my Nightforce NP2-DD 12-42x56 scopes in with each rifle, with a very low estimate of sale price, way less than the cost of just the scopes. I am not real happy with that, but it's too late now, I just hope someone realizes the value and bids it up enough to get rid of this sick feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. :-(

Regards,

George

George, there must be something wrong with the listings as the lot 2338 and 2339 only show up as NO LOT. The two Stiller actions do show up on lot 2345 and 2346. Hope you get what it's all worth.

George, there must be something wrong with the listings as the lot 2338 and 2339 only show up as NO LOT. The two Stiller actions do show up on lot 2345 and 2346. Hope you get what it's all worth.

I asked them to take the scopes off, but instead they pulled the three guns with NF scopes with 4 lots I wanted pulled, and are charging me 3700 bucks... taken from the proceeds of my other lots... I still have no idea what is going on or what sold and for what price. They left my house with everything saying they would catalogue it and put the lots together in the best way for me to realise the best profit. Yeah, right... :) George

You probably shoulda sold gun stuff to gun guys. I can see a bunch of auction goers lookin for gas cans bidding on target rifles saying they could probably shoot a deer at a thousand yards in the eye with them

I was the high bidder on the Stiller drop port action with a new 1 in 17" 30 cal. Rock Creek barrel. We are in the process of building a 6 Dasher gun now. If anyone is interested in the RC barrel, send me a PM....Barrel is sold!

Last edited:
Back