falling block action?

K

kstockfo

i thought that i remembered one of the customer bolt action makers also built a falling block action, but i can't find it anywhere. i thought it was farley, but it's nowhere to be found on their website. am i completely mistaken? anybody have thoughts on a custom falling block action?
thanks,
kstockfo

hall?

i checked their webpage, but there was no mention of it. does anybody know for sure if hall is still mfg a falling block? anybody got pics? i'm just dreaming of a project for my leisure time after i win the lotto.
thanks
kstockfo
p.s. i love the dakota model 10. cooper no longer makes the peregrine according to a company spokesperson.

Yu would have to call them and ask. It looks vary much like the old Remington single shot, not the falling block, but the Hepburn. Vary nice looking single shot action.

i checked their webpage, but there was no mention of it. does anybody know for sure if hall is still mfg a falling block? anybody got pics? i'm just dreaming of a project for my leisure time after i win the lotto.
thanks
kstockfo
p.s. i love the dakota model 10. cooper no longer makes the peregrine according to a company spokesperson.

Alan Hall is NOT making falling block actions now but might make you one if you win the lotto.

James,
He might not do it for a lottery winner either. If you find a used one you might need to win the lottery to afford one.
Butch

Falling Block Rifles

You can buy a Ruger No.1 Action from Brownell and have a custom made.
Or, there are a least half dozen companys making Sharps type falling blocks
and Remington type rolling block rifles. I just bought one of each because
I want to shoot metal targets out to 1,000 yds.:D Ballard rifles makes
customs any way you want them. My 45-70 Rem. rolling block has a heavy
34" barrel (with a 500gr. bullet) that will smack the hell out of a steel gong
at 600 yds.:D Music to my ears.:) It might be interesting to see what it would do to a Prairie Dog. I belong to a club that only shoots 200 yd BR with
the old type falling blocks. So many shooting sports - so little time.:)

A DeHaas-Miller would be nice. A lot of schuetzen guns built on them "turnover" at the ISSA and ASSRA matches.

As far as I know the rights belong to Dakota (Remington?) now. Cyle Miller in St. Onge, SD might be a good man to talk to.

Good shooting.:cool:

I ran into a fellow at the Ridgway Black Powder shoots in Pa who was
making a copy of a 44 1/2 stevens, it was very good. I cannot tell you his name. He made a number of them.

Bpcr

Several are being made at this time.
All repos,Sharps sevreal here,Ballards,Remingtons,Hi Walls several,the Stevens,the Hepburn.
and
sights,stocks and bullet molds....you would think it was the 1800's again.
BPCR have matches all the time.
Search for what ever make you want or BPRC:)

The more things change

Several are being made at this time.
All repos,Sharps sevreal here,Ballards,Remingtons,Hi Walls several,the Stevens,the Hepburn.
and
sights,stocks and bullet molds....you would think it was the 1800's again.
BPCR have matches all the time.
Search for what ever make you want or BPRC:)

The more they stay the same. :D

Hall falling block

I talked to Allan Hall a few years back about his falling block, and he said he wasn't making it anymore. I think he told me that when he did make it that it ran north of $2,000.

Went to the gun show here today, and C. Sharps was there with their usual assortment of '74 and '75 Sharps rifles, but they also had a Winchester Hi Wall replica action in the white on display.

If something like that's what you had in mind you might check their website http://www.csharpsarms.com/ or call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a Holiday Sale postcard from C Sharps--10% off one rifle, 15% on 2 or more through December.
I have a model 75 with heavy octagon barrel and some other options. It's well made and shoots good as long as I use 525 grain or heavier bullets. One chambered for 500 S&W would make a nice deer rifle for Indiana. We are restricted to shotguns or rifles chambered for certain approved pistol cartridges.

Here's the breech end of a somewhat larger falling block action. Needs cleaning pretty badly.

PICT0022.jpg

Back