Factoryville PA ARA & (RBA unsanctioned)

RvA

Roger von Ahrens
Hello All,

Well this coming Saturday 10-24 Factoryville will hold it's last 4 card ARA match for the 2009 season. I'm also planing on having a unsanctioned 3 card unlimited match, using the RBA rules and targets. This will be a trial to see if my shooters what to try shooting RBA along with ARA next year at Factoryville.

Best,

Roger

Last edited:
you're going to shoot 7 targets total? what time is it? where's factoryville?
fees? whoa, i just put you in the gps it say 320 miles and 5 hrs 35 mins.
a little far for a one day trip for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg, you got it!

Tom, I don't blame ya. I've done stuff like that.... for 3 cards :eek:

Roger

Hello All,

Well did we have a fun time shooting in those conditions let me tell you. Those where some of the worse conditions I've ever shot in. Windy... Rain... Lightning and it was even was chilly when we started. But we had a good time. I saw a wind gust that surgically removed two rows of wind flags. And if you ever wondered if water falling off a roof can move a bullet the answer is yes. :eek: Moving that rascal from the sighter's to a score box is no problem at all. Cost me a 100 :mad:

ARA...
Joe Turturro 1925.0000 T1-1950 & T3-1900
Roger von Ahrens 1856.2500 T2-2100 & T4-1775
Dave Bennett 1808.75000
Gregory Shevchuck 1762.5000
Susan von Ahrens 1652.5000
Bill Roehl 1635.0000

Things got a little bit easier after lunch. When we started the RBA cards. The rain stopped and the winds dropped from hurricane category. But mother nature kept you on your toes, and bit you real hard if you missed a switch.

RBA...
Dave Bennett 740 x39 T2-250 x15 & T3-245 x12
Roger von Ahrens 737 x34 T1-249 x13
Greg Shevchuck 732 x29
Joe Turturro 732 x28
Bill Roehl 711 x27

I'd like to thank everyone who came out to this match and all the other matches this season. And I'd like to especially thank all those that helped out with setup tear down, scoring and all the other little things that have to get done. This was a really good season, I had the pleasure of shooting with some of the finest people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

See you all at the Numb Nutt next season!

Roger

Last edited:
Hey Brian, unfortunately I left the box with all my indicator stuff back on my bench in the plant when I packed up for the match. Sue was not a happy camper let me tell you. oops.....

Roger

Congrats to Joe for a heck of a score at yesterdays match, the winds and rain was a nightmare! its been a pleasure getting to know all you guys over the last 4,5,6 years, its been one hell of a ride! take care all. have a safe and happy holiday season

Susan

Thanks Susan for the kind words. The food was outstanding thank you and Roger for making it fun to shoot matches. I liked the RBA matched and hope to do more next year. :D:D

Joe T.

DOH! :eek:

And congratulations to Joe for winning the ARA match. And to Dave for winning our outlaw RBA match.

I Can't believe I wrote that whole thing out and forgot to congratulate the winners...... Been a long season.
I think I will be adding the Unlimited RBA next year. My shooters seem to like the card, so look for it on the schedule next year guys!

Roger

Roger/Susan

I would like to thank you both for all you have done to ensure we all had a great year shooting ARA, at the Factoryville range.

Your hard work is appreciated.

I would also like to thank all the shooters. Everyone made me feel welcome.

I think all will agree, shooting the Factoryville range isn't easy, but it sure is fun.

See you guys next year.

Tony Harper

Back