F-Class Rimfire

skeetlee

Is there such a thing as F-Class Rimfire? I think prone style 100 yard 22 shooting would be a cool game. Any matches like this around? I cant shoot from a sling as my thumbs and wrist cant take it, so i would like to find something to shoot while shooting off a front rest, or bi-pod, Lee

F-Class For 22RF

A friend and I shoot at a local Club'ss 1600 point matches (100 shots at 50 yards and 60 shots at 100 yards). We shoot F-class prone style (front and rear rest as in F-class Open CF matches). We consistently shoot 1596 up with X-count in the 140's up.

The Match Director has no problem with us shooting, but would really like to have our scoring rings smaller. He has talked about scoring us on the worst edge of the bullet impact rather than the inside. Using the NRA A-23/5 targets, this would require us to shoot VERY, VERY small groups, probably being more a test of gun/ammo limitations rather than shooting ability as the X-ring edge-to-edge is .384" which would require a center to center groups size of about .162" or less to shoot a possible. Too small in my opinion.

Personally I see nothing wrong with using the NRA targets used by the "real" shooters. I am a High Master CF shooter in F-Class and my small bore scores are about the same percentage wise as my mid-range CF match scores. I would not want the targets to require an unobtainable level of accuracy.

I have heard that there is a move afoot to set an NRA standard and class for F-class smallbore but I have heard nothing as to what targets or any other requirements.

George

skeetlee, you might consider getting the LR-S Mini-Palma targets to shoot at 100 yards. http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/highpower/ . Great fun and a challenge. Our local Club shoots this target twice a month and the scored have progressed but it is still a chanllenge.

Last edited:
Lee, in Aussie they shoot a Fly competition with rimfire, they use the 500m fly target and shoot it at 200yds with rimfire rifles. From what I've been told the scores are similar to the 500m centrefire scores.

You might need a 20moa rail for your rimfire rifle.

I can remember when we used to shoot Benchrest Rimfire group in New Zealand, I especially liked to shoot rimfire groups at 100, at times you could watch the bullet pass through the hole..........Ian

F class rimfire

One of our local leagues uses ISSF targets scaled for 100 & 200m. They are quite an encouraging bunch and I've been shooting with both apertures and scope and support front and back. I am the only rimfire shooter. Makes it tough against a CF but with cooperative weather I've cleaned the 100m bull and embarassed more than one CF shooter. In rough weather it becomes a crap shoot. A RF Fclass discipline would be fantastic.

Last edited:
F-class international postal matches

Hello from the Canary Islands,

Yes, F-CLASS rimfire is real discipline in Spain and next year will be for airguns too. We have an International Postal Matches for F-CLASS RIMFIRE & AIRGUNS and I would like your parcipation on this international event.

3.png

RIMFIRE RULES:
  1. The Official target (and those that conform to it’s dimensions) are acceptable for use in these competitions (see target page)
  2. Rimfire calibers allowed: 17Match2, 17HMR, 22LR & 22WMR (the new 17WSM is not allowed)
  3. All cards to be marked with a .224" gauge
  4. Two targets at either 50m, 100m & 200m depending on the event (range on meter)
  5. The power of the scope is unlimited
  6. Rimfire class:
    -Light Varmint: weight less than 4.830 grams (ready to shot, bolt not included) and Match Barrels are not allowed
    -Heavy Varmint: weight less than 9.000 grams (ready to shot , bolt not included) and all .17 calibers & 22WMR
  7. External trigger systems are not allowed
  8. Front rest It’s only a BIPOD in both rimfire class
  9. Rear rest It’s a sand bag like BenchRest models
  10. It is preferable that targets are shot at a sanctioned match, however individuals may enter provided the target is marked by a competent scorer and the target has been signed and dated by a witness

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
  1. Download & Print the official argets
  2. Event: 2 cards and maximun time of 30 minutes to complete each one (sight & warm-up time included)
  3. You must scoring the card using a correct gauge and fill it with your caliber size, class, name, date and score
  4. Take a nice quality picture of each card and send us by email with the *result entry document* filled
  5. Result will be post 10 days after closing date
  6. That's all... Enjoy !!!

LINK: http://www.clubbrcanarias.com/POSTAL/index.html

I will post the AirGun Rules into the *air* area...

:cool:

Last edited:
There are several 200 meter Benchrest silhouette matches around the El Paso area. Five different banks of ten different reduced size silhouette animals at 65m, 75m, 100m, 150m and ending at 200m. It is a blast.

Back