Ethanol Gas

The production of ethanol uses more oil to produce than the same amount of gasoline.

Ethanol is a way to use our own resources vs. importing. But uses more oil during production and more through less power causing lower vehicle mileage.

A very bad deal all way around.

The production of ethanol uses more oil to produce than the same amount of gasoline.

Ethanol is a way to use our own resources vs. importing. But uses more oil during production and more through less power causing lower vehicle mileage.

A very bad deal all way around.

Ohh NOOO! didn't you read earlier in the thread where certain banana republics and third world countries can produce it for pennies the gallon???

Stupid free market is the problem...

:rolleyes:

al

I'm with JLC on this. Here in Iowa I've used ethanol in just about everything for a looooong time and it's never caused any problems in anything. The API doing an 'unbiased' study regarding ethanol is about like having the East Anglia University do an 'unbiased' study on global warming. Don

If they go to the E15 blend, more problems than we have now may happen.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/study-new-e15-gas-can-ruin-auto-engines/article/2520078

Not to mention the taxpayer's dollars that go to subsidizing ethanol and the elevated prices for competing corn products at the supermarket. The bill mandating ethanol production stipulates production volumes, which, if realized, would take significant land out of production for other crops to meet these mandates. Further, it would require marginal land to be brought into production if these lobbyist/burecratic production levels are to be realized. Regardless of the effect on milage and vehicle damage/maintenance issues, when you're broke, you shouldn't be spending money and back-door taxing people through elevated food costs on something that needs substantial subsidy to even be marginally effective. You Iowa fellas wouldn't be corn farmers, would ya?

FWIW, E85 is like race gas for 3 bucks a gallon. It is amazing in high boost turbo cars- you can ealisy hit MBT which is generally unheard of with turbos. I deal with this all the time at my work where we build & dyno tune such cars.

Back