Entry Level BR scope?

bigh

What would be a good entry level BR scope? hopefully something in the 500.00 range. Your input appreciated

Entry BR scope

Used
#1 Leupold
#2 Weaver
#3 Sightron
The way it looks thru scope and price would decide for me.

Weaver....buy a new one, because the warranty stays with the original owner, and the price difference in not great.

The Sightron SII 36x42 is also a good choice and the lifetime warranty follows the scope. You can find them used, often for the same price as a weaver T36. I have one of each and the glass is a toss up by my eyes. I like the Sightron adjustments a little more, even though I have oversize turrets on the Weaver.

Hoot

As above, careful on Weavers, if used (or new, for that matter). Unfortunately, for quality and decent magnification, you might well spend considerably more than $500. Before purchase, make sure whether you need 1" or 30mm rings. If you don't have the right rings, add more to your cost.

I've used nothing but Sightrons on my heavy guns. Never had a problem with either of them. One is over 10 years old.

A fellow has an SII 36x42 for sale over on Accurate Shooter. Not me or related.

Hoot

Edit: I forgot to mention, with Burris Signature Zee rings, which is what mine wears.

Last edited:
Back