Ed Longo (Team Windsor) Has Left the Range

Bill B

It is with profound sadness and regret that I pass along the word that Ed Longo (known here as Team Windsor) has unexpectedly passed away. Ed was truly one of the bright lights of rimfire here in NY. He had a true passion for our sport that all who read his posts here could easily see. He was working on building a new range for NY near Binghamton and in my last email from Ed, he was proudly giving a progress report and indicating that it would be ready for a shoot in no time. Ed would loudly proclaim that Wawarsing was his favorite range and it was at Wawarsing that Ed shot a remarkable 1249-97X /1250 with his heavy gun (10.5 lb. 13.5 lb. UL-1, UL-2, UL-3) which included a 750-60X Unlimited Agg. It was truly one of the best shooting exhibitions I have ever witnessed. Ed was a proud member of Team Eck and was looking forward to making a trip up to the Maine State Championships this month. All who shot with him will miss his big smile, his firm handshake and his infectious enthusiasm. We are truly diminished. You will be missed my friend.

Last edited:
Ed became quite a friend over the last couple years he competed. He had a hunger to learn and was a credit to our sport, we lost him way too soon.

I only new Ed a short time, And I liked him very much, He will be in my prayes. Rest in pease.

Joe T.

Ed,
You were a great guy, I am better for having known you, even if only a short time. RIP

Ted Derivan

This is very shocking and humbling. Ed was a gentleman. Rest in peace.
My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Michael

Sad news indeed

I only met Ed on one occasion but found him to be a pleasant fellow. I am certain he will be dearly missed by many. My condolences to his family and friends.

Pete

Ed Longo has left the range.

Bill,
Thanks for letting us know about Ed Longo. I have only shot with him a couple of times.
What a shock to me. Prayers sent to him and his family. He will be missed.
Paul Bendix

Sad

Very, very well said Bill! I too was only able to meet Ed once & he's exactly as you described. I was truly looking fwd to seeing him again soon. My condolences to his family & friends.
RIP my friend,
Keith

Well Said Bill

When I saw the e-mail with the news, I could not believe it. Ed was exactly as you described. When we arrived at a local match, Ed was mostly already there, getting equipment out and ready to go. It will seem strange pulling in and not seeing him there. As you say his passion for the sport was infectious, and he always wanted to learn.

My prayers and best wishes go out to his family. May the good Lord help them get through this time of sorrow.

Way to soon for this to happen. Will miss you Ed. As stated by others RIP.

That's terrible news. Just shot with him at Camiilus and we were talking about his new range. He was really looking forward to getting it open for next season. Ed was one of the good guys and very enthusiastic. He will be missed. Our condolences to his family.

Ken & Cherie

Tomorrow we have a match at Wawarsing. I will have a lump in my throat when I drive up the driveway to the range and not see Ed's vehicle parked in his spot. For the past couple of years I tried to get to the club before Ed, it was a running joke between us, and I never did do it. He always beat me there even with him living two hours away and me being only 20 min away from the club.

I too extend my condolences to his wife Lisa and family. We will have a moment of silence for Ed at tomorrow's match, just before the call of insert bolts for the sporter class. I've been looking on-line for an obituary with arrangements and have no info at this time. If/when I see it, I will post a link. - Bill

ps I just noticed that at his last match in Camillus Ed won the sporter class, the 3 gun and the UL agg. on what must have been a real tough day to shoot.

Last edited:
Ed
RIP You my friend will never be forgotten. You will be missed forever.

Thoughts and prayers for the friends and family.

Very sorry you lost your good mate

Good blokes are hard to find anywhere in this world and he sounds like a really good bloke.
I am sorry that you have lost him and I will also pray for his family that must be devastated .
He is in a better place now but hard for those that love and miss him
kind regards Ben West

Back