Duncan Daugherty passes away

James A. Kelbly

Recieved a call from Don Powell and he informed me that Duncan Daugherty has passed away on last thursday at the age of 82. He was long time shooter from Huntington WV. His funeral is Friday at 3:00 at Kleingel-Carpenter on 328 6th Avenue in Huntington WV. Duncan started shooting in about 1978.

Jim

I remember Duncan very well. He used to come to Boone, NC and shoot in the matches at Watauga Gun Club.

Duncan was a lawyer and a graduate of Duke University. He told me once that Duke was always hitting him up for donations so they could hire this or that professor.

Duncan was always friendly and a pleasure to be around. He will be missed.

Larry Isenhour

Yes he certainly will be missed I wondered what had happened to him in years lately.

I shot with Duncan a couple of times at Long Creek in Charlotte. Didn't know him well but he seemed to be a nice person.

Duncan Daugherty Passes Away

I remember Duncan from SE Region Matches of the late 80's and early 90's. Fine Fella! Duncan always came pre-loaded to the matches -- 220 Russian Brass was plentiful and he musta had a barrel of it. I'd asked him why he came preloaded and he indicated that he would rather set under the awning of his camping trailer and talk to his friends as he watched the world go by than spend all his time loading.

He would always camp near his good friend, Steve "Bones" Hamilton. A stop at either trailer would always result in a story of some sort that would leave you with a smile on your face. I suspect those two are once again swapping stories.

Back