Do Custom Barrel Makers ID Their Barrels ??

H

Hank

I bought a 40X rimfire with a barrel that I was told came from Lilja. I'm going to sell the rifle and concentrate on another kind of shooting. I want to be sure the barrel is a Lilja but have no documentation from the guy I bought it from. The barrel meaures .930" at the muzzel, 1.230" at the action but has been cut from that end, straight taper, 23 inches long, 1 in 16 twist, 4 groove, stainless. Is there any way to tell whether the barrel came from Lilja with 100% certainty??

Thanks. I have no reason to doubt the seller. He has nothing but positive ratings for all of his tranactions. I just wondered if there was anything I should look for to validate my ad when I list it.

at least one gunsmith i know stamps on the barrel his name and barrel mfg/type e.g. shilen octagon; not a bad idea. thanks, douglas

possibly you can look down the inside the action and see if there is a stamp on it. i guesss they dont mard their barrels because smiths rotate their barrels to fine their sweet spot.

i have one like that and im taking it to an engraver to put it on the barrell i can see the manufacture douglas barrell co.

bob

Thanks for all the info, folks. I'll advertise it as a Lilja..... :) and not worry about it..
Hank

Back