Denton Aug.9th 100yd match **9:00 start**

Tim, I hope everybody is OK.

Wind was very tough, lots of it and lots of changing. I think it took two years off the life of my flags! Had a good time, and of course Donald picked on me again.:D. Met MikeCTX, good guy. hope he will show up again.

Steve

What are the results from Denton.???????????
Must have been interesting with hot weather and switchy wind,,,:rolleyes:

Steve,
You are so kind. Apparently you don't remember the train wreck I had during the score part of the match. I am still not sure what happened. That was a brand new cut rifled barrel I was shooting. It had 35 rounds thru it when I came down. It had been shooting in the low ones and zeros. Last target during the score part, I shot a 34 or 35. And the bullet holes indicated keyholes. Best I can figure I got some long cases mixed in with the short ones. The new barrel had a different chamber than what I had been shooting. I still can't figure out how a case only about .010 to .015 too long would cause bullets to yaw and go all over the place. Am going to do some testing to see what kind of deformation of the bullet occurs in a situation like this. I then measured cases for overall length and ended up with ten that was short. These shot my normal mid pack placement during the group shoot. No keyholes. The more I learn about this game the less I seem to understand. I have a name for your rifle Steve. El Cheapo Grande. Steve shoots a Savage action with a cut out for a magazine. He built his BR stock from a Savage plastic fantastic. Tuned the trigger and bolt. But he has a wonderful Hart barrel chambered in what is usually called a 6x47. 204 Rugar necked up to 6mm. Just don't put much money down that you can outshoot him. When he learns the wind he is gonna be a force to be reconed with. Me too, but then I have been know to stretch the truth a bit. But I will say that the winds at Denton during the afternoon part were especially switchy, not bad, but just very switchy. If a condition held for more than 5 seconds you were lucky. Almost as bad as Luther. Almost but missing by about a factor of 5. I sure do wish all the good guys from Denton would come up to Luther next spring and shoot in the mixmaster. Don't worry about needing 13 foot flag stands. Mike Ratigan puts out two lines of flags. It looks like flag heaven at Luther. But I do love to shoot at Denton. Just keep the grass cut short. And Ralph, I promise, I will not pick up one of your bullets again. I hate to see a person throw away a perfectly good bullet just because I touched it. Dr. Tim...did you have PMS? You seemed to be in a different time zone. Did you loose your weed eater blender? All kidding aside, Jon ran a wonderful match and although we only had 13 or so shooters, the razzin' and such was at a hight pitch. One of these days we are gonna get all the good shooters in Okie land together and come down and kick some serious butt. See all you guys when I get back from Raton where I expect to feast on humble pie.

Donald

Back